Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 05-03-2022, 11:11 AM

Default GrooveCell & SynthCell content locations

I like to have all my samples and content on a separate 3rd drive.

I don't see how to do that with GrooveCell & SynthCell. They install everything on my OS drive. They seem to work fine but I would rather have the content elsewhere.

I'm on Windows 11. Am I missing something?
Old 09-04-2022, 10:26 PM

Default Re: GrooveCell & SynthCell content locations

I actually have the opposite problem whereas I can't find my content for Groovecell. I have no presets but I know the installation was complete. Where does Groovecell Store it's library/presets soudns on the C drice?
Old 09-05-2022, 12:37 AM

Default Re: GrooveCell & SynthCell content locations

If only Avid had documentation for stuff, and if only there were search engines to find the documentation with.

https://resources.avid.com/SupportFi...g-in_Guide.pdf

https://resources.avid.com/SupportFi...g-in_Guide.pdf

---

Avid has not provided a way of moving where the included preset samples in GrooveCell is installed to but it does not really matter. The default samples in GrooveCell are very small (~5MB). The user guide says all that is needed about importing/exporting presets/samples. Including that imported samples stay on disk where they are. So just leave the default preset samples where they are and knock yourself out with putting your own samples anywhere you want when you import it, all as the documentation describes.

And oh dear, Avid what are you doing? That funky export thingie where buttons turn into files or file bundles that you drag where you want... that is just awful bad UI/UX behavior, don't change the damn meaning of a button to be a file and leave it looking like a button. How does something so bad get through product design review?

--

And since SynthCell is a synth not a sample based instrument it's just not worth worrying moving it's presets (and they behave as standard plugin presets/.tfx files as they should). Just keep stuff simple and leave it where it is unless there is some absolute pressing reason not to.