Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 04-26-2007, 05:38 PM

Default HELPP!!!!

Hi everyone, im fairly new to pro-tools, i recently bought an mbox2 and it came with the igntionpack with a bunch of plug ins and what not. When i first installed them they show loading in the loading screen, but they arent in the Audio suite menu or anywhere to be found. I then read something saying i need an ilok to authorize these plug ins. So i bought one off of sweetwater.com, plugged it in, only to find, nothing changed. i still cant find these plug ins anywhere! Can anyone tell me what im doing wrong? Or maybe there is a special way to install them? I just installed like i normally would, and i can see them in my library/audio/digi/plug ins.... but they just are no where to be found inside the program. plleeassee help me, im frustraited!

-eric
Old 04-26-2007, 06:39 PM

Default Re: HELPP!!!!

Hello,

I'll assume you know the basics of using plugins in pro tools?? if you don't then you need to read that secton of the manual NOW!!!!

You need to authorise the plugins to work by using the ilok! you need to go to www.ilok.com and register an account there and register your ilok. then there should be some authorisation cards with the plugins you bought that came with PT!! by using these authorisation cards you can activate the auth codes to your ilok, once all the authorisation codes are in the ilok then the plugins will be able to load!!

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 04-26-2007, 06:47 PM

i've done that, but they still dont load, and also what about the list of plug ins i have from bomb factory, moogerfrooger, fairchild, all those ones too that were on my PT cd that i installed dont load either.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:04 PM

Quote:
i've done that, but they still dont load, and also what about the list of plug ins i have from bomb factory, moogerfrooger, fairchild, all those ones too that were on my PT cd that i installed dont load either.
Hi,

Are you able to open ANY plugin?

You're clicking on the insert strip on a channela and there's no plugins there?

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 04-26-2007, 07:51 PM

Every PT system comes with a compliment of Digidesign's own "Digirack" plugins and a selection of Bombfactory plugins that get automatically installed along with Pro Tools.

The Ignition Pack includes a bunch of stripped down or "lite" versions of plugins like Live, Amplitube, BFD etc, that while fully functional are really there as an enticement towards buying the fully featured versions.

non of those plugins require an iLok

At an additional cost at the time of your initial purchase (if you so choose to take the option) there are also various " Factory " bundles that comprise various plugins from Bombfactory, Joe Meek, Sansamp etc, and includes a pre-authorized iLok .

The PT disk does however, for the sake of convenience include the installers for the plugins in the "Factory" bundles.

That does not mean that you have the use of them, and is why you are being confronted with authorization prompts each time you launch PT.

You need to either buy the licenses for each individual plugin (very expensive way of doing it vs buying a "factory" bundle) or just uninstall the plugins that require authorizations.

The first thing you should do is to read all the documentation that came with your hardware, to establish which plugins you should have for "free" and which ones are optional extras - though it looks like your purchase of an iLok was unnecessary (for the time being at least).

Good luck.
Old 04-27-2007, 12:46 AM

and that is the answer to it, i thought they had put those plug ins there as lite versions of em. Thanks for the help. but amplitude still doesnt work, is that a stand alone or not cause its not in my inserts list. thanks again for all the help, im a PT newb!
Old 04-27-2007, 04:18 AM

If you set the two options in the preferances windows that will "organise plugins by manufacturer" and "organise plugins by catagory", when you click on an insert a more managable list of all your plugins will appear.

Amplitube can be found under I K Multimedia in the manufacturers section, or under "Other" in the catagory section.

Hope that helps.