Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 02-24-2004, 09:48 AM

Default Re: OMS won\'t install on macOSX .help!

But to reboot it on OS9 , i should have a OS( partition, shouldn't I ? My whole system of the hard drive is osx..
if i don't need partition, how do i reboot om OS9 ?
x
Old 02-24-2004, 09:56 AM

What kind of Mac do you have? If it is a dual-boot machine and you are able to run Classic, you should be able to boot OS 9 right now. Go to System Preferences -> Startup Disk, and it should give you a selection of systems if you have more than one installed. If your machine is indeed dual-boot, you should have the option for OS X, OS 9, or Network startup options.

If you machine will not boot in OS 9, you have no other choice except getting the PT 6 upgrade.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:07 AM

well, it only shows OSx ... when i mean make a partition, i can make this one system divide in two and only instal mac os 9 on one of the two partitions
but i don't remember the procedure to save al my stuff and software before making the partition to create a dual boot.
if u can help on that, please do
or
where do i get PT6 ? can i download it here on the site, if yes, please send me a link, or... if i have to buy, do you know how much it is?
x

so, it's PT LE 6.x ?
Old 02-24-2004, 10:13 AM

What kind of Mac do you have? Most of the macs made in the last couple of years can't boot into OS9 at all, so it depends on which model you have. Partitioning the drive is not necessary for installing OS9, but if your maching doesn't support it, then there's no use in trying.

Upgrading to PT6 is $75, and can be purchased and downloaded here: http://secure.digidesign.com/. I believe you need to have registered your version of 5.x in order to get the upgrade to 6.x. If you bought your Mbox recently (and have registered it), you should be eligible for a free upgrade, but since all hardware only ships with PT6 now, I'd imagine that you bought your mbox a while ago.
Old 02-24-2004, 10:20 AM

Before we go making partitions that may or may not benefit you, what kind of Mac are you running? If it is a newer model, it will not boot in OS 9, no matter what.

I believe you can order PT 6 from the Digi website and they will mail you a CD. It costs $75. You should also be able to find it on the major online music stores for the same price.