Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2007, 09:54 PM

Default Unbelievably annoying

Hi im a newbie user of protools and I made the grave mistake of grouping about 8 tracks for the hook of a session so I could copy and paste it. Now i am in the mixin stage and everthing I want to do to one track it wants to do to everything! Can anyone tell me a way to ungroup these tracks? I would really aprreciate help with this cause its making me looney! haha
Thanks
Old 07-06-2007, 12:04 AM

Default Re: Unbelievably annoying

Hey there,
On your left panel at the bottom of the edit screen there should be a list of group/groups you have created (if you cant see the panel click on the bottom left arrow), just simply select the group you dont want and either right click and delete or go to the "mix groups" tab and select "delete active group".I thought id reply first before everybody sarcasticly told you to read the manual....hate that!!

Good luck

Mark
Old 07-06-2007, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Hey there,
I thought id reply first before everybody sarcasticly told you to read the manual....hate that!!

Doesn't that drive you nuts? If they're going to say that, they should at least say that, for instance, the information you seek can be found on pages 149-162. It's not always obvious what to search for.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:27 AM

how many different times did you post this??? this is the third post I've run across. really against DUC terms of use.
64GB RAM
HDX I/O 16x16 Analog
HDX I/O 8x8x8
Old 07-06-2007, 07:57 AM

How do you expect someone to read the DUC terms of use if they won't RTFM!!!
Old 07-06-2007, 02:06 PM

If you're in the mix window, you can turn off the group by simply pressing the key that corresponds with that group. So, if for example your drums are group A, just press the "A" key to toggle the group on/off. This is because key focus is automatically set to groups when the mix window is open.

You can also change key focus to groups in the edit window by clicking the "a...z" square in the groups panel, or by pressing CTRL+SHIFT+NUM3. CTRL+SHIFT+NUM1 will put key focus back to the edit window. CTRL+SHIFT+NUM2 enables key focus for the regions list. They go clockwise by number.

It's also worth mentioning that you could have set the group type to EDIT. By default, PT sets the group type to Mix AND Edit. If you set the group type to edit only, all the group tracks will edit together but mutes, solos and fader moves will still be independent. This option is selected when you make your group and functions on a group by group basis.
Old 07-06-2007, 04:36 PM

No offense was meant by the cheeky manual comment lol.Ive just noticed that alot of people find it easier getting first hand comments rather than scrolling through a manual.

Sorry if it offended anybody.

Mark
Old 07-06-2007, 04:37 PM

No offense was meant by the cheeky manual comment lol.Ive just noticed that alot of people find it easier getting first hand comments rather than scrolling through a manual.

Sorry if it offended anybody.

Mark