Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-27-2023, 08:17 AM

Default changing from monthly to annual payment

My Ultimate sub renews on March 18. Currently I pay monthly. I want to change to paying annually to take advantage of the (much) lower pricing for annual payment.

How do I do this? I have emailed avid support and avid sales about this and I'm waiting for an acknowledgement but I thought someone else must have done the same thing?

Justin
Apple Mac Pro 6,1 late 2013 2.7Ghz 12-Core Xeon E5, 64GB RAM, D500 Graphics, OSX Monterey 12.7.1/Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.12/Presonus Quantum 4848 Thunderbolt 2/Digidesign C|24/Focusrite ISA430 MkII/SPL GoldMike
Old 02-27-2023, 08:20 AM

Default Re: changing from monthly to annual payment

If they do not answer in a timely manner -- delete your credit card information, let the current subsctiption end, and buy a new one. But I hope they will fix this for you soon enough.
Old 02-27-2023, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
If they do not answer in a timely manner -- delete your credit card information, let the current subsctiption end, and buy a new one. But I hope they will fix this for you soon enough.
Thanks Janne. Yes, this would be the nuclear option. But I wonder if that could cause any temporary grief over licences for Pro Tools itself and the various plug-ins I have that depend on the PT subscription. Waking up one morning and finding Pro Tools won't launch because it isn't licensed any more is the stuff of nightmares when you've got clients...
Apple Mac Pro 6,1 late 2013 2.7Ghz 12-Core Xeon E5, 64GB RAM, D500 Graphics, OSX Monterey 12.7.1/Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.12/Presonus Quantum 4848 Thunderbolt 2/Digidesign C|24/Focusrite ISA430 MkII/SPL GoldMike
Old 02-27-2023, 08:43 AM

True. Well you still have two weeks to wait. If it looks like nothing is happening, maybe we can escalate. Avid usually wants to upsell when someone is interested.
Old 02-27-2023, 08:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
True. Well you still have two weeks to wait. If it looks like nothing is happening, maybe we can escalate. Avid usually wants to upsell when someone is interested.
But is it an upsell to them? It's me paying them USD 589 a year less than I am at the moment, for the same product. I can see they might not be in a hurry to help me do that.
Old 02-27-2023, 09:23 AM
Avid

Hi! Can you send here or dm me the case number if there's any so I can follow up as well? Thanks!
Old 02-27-2023, 10:33 AM

Update: I have had a response, but wasn't aware of it because it didn't appear in my email. Logging in to my Avid account I found the reply.

I'm advised to purchase the annual subscription then notify Avid with the order i.d. for the new contract, and they'll cancel the old one.

Seems a bit long-winded to me but there you go.
Old 02-27-2023, 12:18 PM
Avid

Cool! Let me know if there's anything else I can help.
Old 03-01-2023, 03:00 AM

Just to say - that all went smoothly in the end. Actually Avid's responses were timely and helpful. The problem was that the original support case was, for some reason, not forwarding responses to my email address so I didn't realise anything had happened until I logged in to Avid.

The solution was the common-sense one of course. Just buy a new annual licence and cancel renewal on the original monthly licence.

By the way, looking at the iLok I've noticed for the first time that the Ultimate 'bundle' contains both an Ultimate subscription AND a Studio subscription. Presumably that means I could transfer the studio sub to another iLok and run that on my laptop as a second Pro Tools system. That could be very handy.
Old 03-01-2023, 06:36 AM
Avid

That's great to know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinhill View Post

By the way, looking at the iLok I've noticed for the first time that the Ultimate 'bundle' contains both an Ultimate subscription AND a Studio subscription. Presumably that means I could transfer the studio sub to another iLok and run that on my laptop as a second Pro Tools system. That could be very handy.
It's a bundle license and you won't be able to separate them.