Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2022, 04:22 AM

Default Melodyne does not show up in my products

The day before yesterday I bought a subscription to Pro Tools Artist to which Melodyne is included. The problem is that when I turn on Pro Tools and fire up Melodyne it asks me for activation and that the serial number is in the my products tab on the avid website. I've been looking for this number for 5 hours and can't find it anywhere. I have searched all threads on all forums and have not found anyone with a similar case. I also created a support ticket, but avid doesn't care about my problem and they don't write me back. I had to refuse customers to do my work because of this problem. I will never buy anything from avid again, but I need something done about it so I can keep doing my job and not spend more money. I would appreciate your help.
Old 04-29-2022, 10:41 AM

Default Re: Melodyne does not show up in my products.

If you log into "My Avid", go to "View My Products"
If you don't see a line that says "Melodyne Essentials" (which if you click on the drop down arrow on the right you'll find the serial number), Click on "My Special Offers" on the top row of tabs (two to the right of "My Products".) You should find the Melodyne offer there. Click through and it should then add it to your "My Products" tab and you'll have your serial number.

(I'm doing this from memory but that was where it was placed before. You had to redeem the offer and then it became part of your products)

Oh, if it isn't under "My Special Offers", go to "Products Not Yet Downloaded" which you can get to by looking up above the tab row, right next to "Avid Account" you'll see "My Products" (this is different than the tab labeled "My Products") and hover over that and a menu should spill down. You'll see "Products Not Yet Downloaded" in that list.
Old 04-29-2022, 02:50 PM

Welcome to the community.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bystrzak View Post
...when I turn on Pro Tools and fire up Melodyne it asks me for activation and that the serial number is in the my products tab on the avid website. I've been looking for this number for 5 hours and can't find it anywhere...
I checked your account and confirmed it is indeed missing. Very sorry about this! I see your support case is in progress so I'll check in with the CS rep and escalate as needed.
Old 04-30-2022, 06:28 AM

How is this possible? Some kind of error in the system or what, because I don't understand how such a mistake can happen. I was going to buy Pro Tools Ultimate but first I wanted to test the Artist version for 30 days. I love Pro Tools but now I will really think twice before buying anything from Avid. So many nerves and financial losses that nobody will pay me back. Please solve this problem as soon as possible
Old 04-30-2022, 06:35 AM

Default Re: Melodyne does not show up in my products

Get melodyne studio from melodyne. Get to work.

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk
Old 04-30-2022, 01:06 PM

Fwiw there's a DIY fix for this. It was missing from my account too. Open a Pro Tools session, instantiate Melodyne, it'll ask you to activate--click on that--and will take you to Melodyne's website, go through the steps and then the serial number will appear in your Avid account under My Products > Melodyne. It might take a minute or 2 to show up.
Old 05-09-2022, 08:14 AM

Default Melodyne Essential activation code nowhere

Hi everyone,

I just got a new Pro Tools Studio perpetual license but the code to activate Melodyne Essential seems to be invisible

I reed this article https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...ugin-licensing but I just have access to Pro Tools Inner Circle content, which I already claim, but no Melodyne, can't claim anything about that (you can see it on the screenshot)

And some people seems to have the same issue here https://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=412639 but there is no answer other than the article above

Am I suppose to do something to have it ?

Thanks for your help
Attached Images
File Type: png Pro Tools products.png (44.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-09-2022, 11:55 AM

Default Re: Melodyne Essential activation code nowhere

Prior to the Pro Tools Studio version, Melodyne Essential was its own entry in the Avid -> My Products list. I will try and get some clarification whether it still should be a separate entry or if it is found elsewhere now.

System Details
Old 05-09-2022, 01:44 PM

Usually in a new PT install, the first time you open the Melodyne plug-in, it will direct you to sign in to your Melodyne account. Once there, you can activate the plug-in.
Old 05-10-2022, 03:15 AM

Thank you for your answers, I solve the problem by opening a support ticket, where a support member added Melodyne Essential (which was definitely missing) to my System ID
And now it's appear in the product list, as you can see
Attached Images
File Type: png Products list.png (11.8 KB, 0 views)