Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-18-2008, 02:58 AM

Default Sessions not opening - plugins? RMX & EastWest

Hi,
I've been having a recurring problem with certain sessions. I'll be working away as normal, using Stylus RMX and/or EastWest XP Percussion, and I'll close a session. Then the session won't reopen, crashing ProTools each time at the same point in the load (as its loading RMX or EastWest). This doesn't happen with all sessions, just the random one, but its really really irritating. The only work around I have is to start a new session and import everything except the track with RMX/Eastwest on it (and then hope I remember the settings I used).

Anyone have any idea what I should do?

I'm on a G5 2.7GHz OS 10.4.10 running PT 7.1, latest updates of the plugins installed. I run the sample libraries off a 250G G-drive (firewire 400).

Thanks!
Steve
Old 04-18-2008, 09:16 AM

Default Re: Sessions not opening - plugins? RMX & EastWest

Maybe try updating your PT software? There are cs releases up to cs10 for PTLE 7.1, and you might have even better luck with 7.3.1 or 7.4 as they're more friendly with the later versions of Tiger than 7.1 is.

You might also look into getting more RAM. It could be that the computer isn't able to allocate enough memory to those sessions after closing/re-opening since you're sitting on the edge of not having enough. 2GB should be enough to run PT and 1 sample based VI, but more RAM would definitely be recommended.