Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 09-01-2004, 12:51 PM

Default hard disk drive recovery.....

this happened to a friends drive i am trying to help.

one of his video editors got a new 300gb maxtor drive. UNKNOWN formatting. I am really not sure if he used a utility to format it or if it came pre-formatted or what. we're running quicksilver g4's w/os9

anwyays.... one day it gave him an error that said to "initialize" it or "eject" it. they brought it to me. I tried disk first aid, tech tool pro, drive setup (to mount it) and even hard disk speed tools. nothing would mount it. I tried to update the driver using hard disk speed tools but it failed and said there were no mac os partitions. something about "chapter 5" I think.

anyways... I downloaded and tried the tool "drive rescue" but the drive wasnt showing up in the list of drives.

I made (probably a bad one) decision at that time to just initialize it and see if drive rescue could recover the files once it was mounted.

now "drive rescue" complains about not knowing the Allocation Block layout.

is there any hope for this drive and what kind of expense can we expect on this? schools are expecting their videos and we really need to recover these files.
Old 09-01-2004, 01:35 PM

Default Re: hard disk drive recovery.....

Data Rescue recovered data from a drive for me...

www.datarescue.com

Be prepared for a VERY long recovery time - mine took about 20 hours for a 30gb drive...