Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-21-2022, 09:20 AM

Default Re: Blue Connector Allows Routing between apps or DAWs or networked computers

Does this mean in theory I could route my audio to Zoom since I currently can’t because CoreAudio doesn’t talk to my 192?
Old 01-21-2022, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Blue Connector Allows Routing between apps or DAWs or networked computers

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeee123 View Post
Does this mean in theory I could route my audio to Zoom since I currently can’t because CoreAudio doesn’t talk to my 192?
No.
Old 01-21-2022, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by XJENSEN View Post
No.
Ok, next thought. Would it be possible to run this plugin on my master fader and run Logic in the background at the same time with another instance of it on a stereo track (which can be easily routed to zoom)?
Old 01-21-2022, 05:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluecataudio View Post
That's strange. Does the sender see the receiver at all, or both are in [CONNECTING] or [NOT CONNECTED] state?

The SENDER says connecting. The RECEIVER says not connected.
Old 01-21-2022, 09:01 PM
Blue Cat Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldM View Post
How does the MIDI routing work on it. Its not shown in the video. Can you give an example of how that might be set up? I just want to understand how that might be used. Thanks.
It is pretty much the same process, except that MIDI routing may vary depending on the DAW. In Pro Tools you need to create an extra MIDI track to carry MIDI events from the output of the receiving Connector. You can then reuse the events on this MIDI track or any other plug-in that accepts MIDI as input. See this older tutorial about MIDI FX in Pro Tools to get an idea of what the routing looks like.
Old 01-21-2022, 09:02 PM
Blue Cat Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by itsjustmeee123 View Post
Ok, next thought. Would it be possible to run this plugin on my master fader and run Logic in the background at the same time with another instance of it on a stereo track (which can be easily routed to zoom)?
Sure. I did not know you could easily route Logic tracks into Zoom. How do you do that?
Old 01-21-2022, 09:04 PM
Blue Cat Audio

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
The SENDER says connecting. The RECEIVER says not connected.
All right so it means that the connection is fine, but the receiving plug-in is not streaming audio thru because the host (Garage Band) is not doing anything with it. Have you made sure that input monitoring is on for this track in GarageBand?
Old 01-24-2022, 03:35 AM

I found a great use for this plugin - you can now have your AirPods running simultaneously to listen to your mix as well as using your normal PT engine.

I'm on Native as the engine, doing my normal mixing ITB, last plugin slot post limiter on master bus is now Connector - sending mix signal to local computer. I have the free Hosting AU app (works with other daws though this is really simple). Setup connector on master channel of the hosting au, my AirPod pros are connected to my Mac mini as system audio and selected as the output in hosting AU. As Connector has a through I can just mix as usual on monitors, and then pick up my AirPods, mute the speakers and listen to see how it works on the real world headphones.

a little latency and you have to adjust the buffering but no problem for me, it's pretty obvious what you need to change in your mix or not and I'd be using this as a later stage tool rather than from scratch.

Audreio could do this in a way but had to link to a phone and the network usage was a bit odd - but that is now depreciated so this is a very welcome plugin. Always using BC Patchwork and Mixer and I'm sure new uses will come to mind for this. thanks BC
Old 01-24-2022, 06:59 AM

The developer of Hosting AU hasn’t updated the app since El Capitan. What OS are you running it on?
Old 01-24-2022, 12:53 PM

i'm on mojave but got the same concept working on Logic Pro X 10.5.1, just a bit overkill to host a single plug to output to the airpods - i'm sure there must be another mini host going forward