Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2016, 02:49 PM

Default Annual Upgrade Plan Expired With No Warning ?

It's been a busy summer of touring, and now that I've slowed down and after just helping a friend with a new clean Yosemite & Pro Tools install, I thought I'd log into my account to try 12.6 on Macos Sierra on my test drive.

I found that my upgrade has expired in July, which is past the 30 day grace period to re-up...but the disturbing part is that I've never received a notice from Avid that it was about to expire; and I check the associated account regularly to be sure nothing important ends up in the spam box.

Has this happened to anyone else? I would have upgraded at the $99 price as soon as I saw the email (especially since summer is touring season so I'm not short on cash ...I just wish I had received a notice.

Can Jeffro or another Mod help me out?

Thanks!
Old 10-05-2016, 03:15 PM

Default Re: Annual Upgrade Plan Expired With No Warning ?

Hey

What do you need us to help you with ?

The grace period was exactly that, a 30 day extra time so people who were away or not available to renew their plans could do so even after their plans expired.

This is unfortunate that it happened to you and you are not alone but there really isn't much anyone can do here. It would also be unfair if Avid helped out some and not others hence the cutoff date and grace period on top of that.

So take this for what it is and make a note for next time your about to expire.

You would have seen this in your Avid Account, on your ilok account and several emails stating your plan is about to expire. People got more than usual and some got the emails even though their plans wasn't about to expire so this is pretty hard to miss.

And some responsability lies on the user to keep things like this in order as it is an important part of a studio.

Sorry to hear this and I do understand how you feel but there is nothing to do and as I said, it would be unfair to the others who lapsed and had to pay full price

Best Wishes

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 10-06-2016, 01:25 PM

Default Re: Annual Upgrade Plan Expired With No Warning ?

Point taken...But just wondering if there's others that didn't even get a notice?
I double checked again for old emails, and when searching "Avid" it came up with my original registration email, and some older customer support emails from years back, but nothing about my plan expiring.

I agree that it's my responsibility , and in the future will mark it as a reoccurring even in my calendar... Just surprised that of all the other emails I get when some other account/bill/payment is due, I did not even get a single one from Avid.