Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2011, 06:15 AM

Cool Looking for a tool that will create a 'blur' effect?

Hi everyone, this is my first time posting here.
I've just crossed over to Pro Tools from Fl Studio. There was a great tool I used a lot on that program called a 'blur' and I can't quite seem to find anything like it in PT9. The following is a tutorial video from image-line that uses the blur effect in it so you can see what it is:

http://www.image-line.com/documents/..._id=1294644864

I guess it's kind of like a lot of reverb and backverb...

If anyone could let me know of anything that would create this effect in PT9 that would be really helpful! but please remember i'm new at this and still learning so a few instructions would be helpful if possible, thanks!
Old 04-12-2011, 07:35 AM

Default Re: Looking for a tool that will create a 'blur' effect?

The 'Aetherize' function in Native Instruments 'Absynth' can produce a similar effect... Absynth is a very powerful synthesizer and effects processor.

That Image Line 'Blur' effect seems very easy to use though... not sure there is anything like it in an RTAS plug-in...
[email protected]
631 786 3924

Freelance Mac/Pro Tools tech for hire. Metro New York Area.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:04 PM

Thanks for your help! I've tried having a look at it online (cant find much). So just to clarify, does that plugin create something similar to the pad sound (at the end of the tutorial I posted before), or is it something that could blur an audio track? I mainly want to use this tool on my ukulele as it just creates this magical ambient dreamy kind of sound.

I just switched to mac and Fl Studio doesn't run on macs, I'm thinking of using bootcamp to run windows on my mac just so I can use this blur tool... ahhh
Old 04-12-2011, 09:00 PM

Check out GRM Tools V3 over at dontcrack.com. The newest Evolution bundle is the one you are looking for. There are demos, so you can try them out. Beware of latency though, 16384 samples on the Evolution plug-in! PT9 can't touch that.
Old 04-23-2022, 02:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neren View Post
Thanks for your help! I've tried having a look at it online (cant find much). So just to clarify, does that plugin create something similar to the pad sound (at the end of the tutorial I posted before), or is it something that could blur an audio track? I mainly want to use this tool on my ukulele as it just creates this magical ambient dreamy kind of sound.

I just switched to mac and Fl Studio doesn't run on macs, I'm thinking of using bootcamp to run windows on my mac just so I can use this blur tool... ahhh
I didn't know that you can use it for a ukulele...

You can use also use https://www.ukulele-tabs.com to find tabs...

Last edited by MixerPro; 05-23-2022 at 01:48 PM.