Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-14-2005, 10:08 AM

Default Can\'t hear Audio from other Apps.

I have Mac G4 with 10.2.8 and PT 6.1 with 24D card and 2 farms. I have the Digi core audio card installed. Setup is showing the 888 interface that I have and all the usual apps have been added, i.e., Quicktime, Toast, I-tunes, etc. ProTools is not running but I still have no audio for any of these apps through the PT hardware.
Our other suite has the same computer and software versions but with Mix core and one mix farm and 888-24 and they can't get any apps to sound throught the hardware either. Is that just not possible anymore?
I guess I can run a wire from the Mac headset jack all the way to my board in the control room but that's a 50 foot run of unbalanced audio and I'm sure it won't be pretty. Any help here?
Thanks,
Steve
Old 01-14-2005, 12:24 PM

Default Re: Can\'t hear Audio from other Apps.

Steve,

The digicore driver was quirky for me too before OS 10.3 and PT 6.4. I'm on a G5 with HD, so can't help really with the Mix setup, but now with 10.3.7 and 6.7 the core driver works pretty well. The only thing I've noticed is that if you quit a PT session at a high sample rate and then start another app at a lower rate the driver won't always work the first time it cycles. Shutting down the app and restarting it to reload the digi driver has always worked though.

With the earlier setup, in order to get audio with other apps it was sometimes tricky. PT has to be COMPLETELY shut down before the other app starts. I got in the habit of giving it about 30 sec's after the taskbar indicator faded just to be sure. You might try to reboot and then attempt to play audio with another app without opening PT first.

btw- I'm in OKC too, and would be glad to help anyway I can.

Good Luck,

Aubrey