Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 04-12-2009, 11:07 PM

Default Couple of new user questions

I received my new Imac and OO3Factory compleate with MPT2 today and ran into a couple of issues straight away.

First, the Firewire cable the dealer sent me only connects into the 003, not the Imac. Whats up here? I tried my local electronics store and they had firewire cables with a smaller end at one end but these still don't connect to the Imac firewire port? The local dealer said he would send me an "adapter cable" to go from 400 to 800 but this does not seem to work!

Second, I paid the dealer a couple of hundred bucks to install all the software, ilock etc so I could just plug and play but when I launch PT8 I get alot of plug in authorizatuion prompts saying enter a licence card number or something. I can go through them and quit them all but presume this means they won't work.

Help!

JG
320GB Internal HD
70GB-OWC Firewire Audio Drive
Digidesign 003Factory, MPT2, Protools 8.0.3
Old 04-13-2009, 04:58 AM

Default Re: Couple of new user questions

You need to have an iLok account. If you do, go there and click on "What's on my iLOK?" to see if the guy ever transferred the authorizations to your iLOK. Sounds like he didn't. I can't remember but I think there are things in the PT LE plug ins that come with it that have to be individually activated (registered) at Digi online, not sure if those are iLOK too or not (been awhile). At any rate, start at iLOK. com.

Re the cable, have not seen this, sorry..

TH
Old 04-13-2009, 06:50 AM

Default Re: Couple of new user questions

Maybe you should ask the guy who installed all the software just how he did it. For starters, at some point he must have hooked up the 003R so what cable did he use? An adapter cable with FW400 on one end and FW800 on the other end should work(and I have read of several folks using this setup with success). If you navigate your system drive to find the Digidesign folder, inside it are sub folders. Find the DAE folder and then(inside there) you should find a folder called plugins. You may also find another folder called plugins(unused) or you can create this folder. Then you can drag the 2 files for each unauthorized plugin from the plugins folder to the plugins(unused) folder so they stop flashing up on you when you open Pro Tools. Once you get authorizations for those plugins(whether with iLok or codes), you can drag the files back into the plugins folder later.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave