Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-11-2007, 06:37 PM

Default assistance needed with digi 002 rack!!!!!!!

whats goin on everyone. i just went and bought a couple pieces of equipment:
digi 002 rack
fantom x6 keyboard
mpc 1000
mackie 1402 vlz pro mixer
bx5a monitors

im sitting here with all these wires and im stuck!!!!! i have 3 midi cables and 12 1"4 inch cables. some how im tryin to get everything up and running together. i was wondering if anyone take give me a step by step on how to make this work. i really want to know how can i sync the fantom and mpc to protools so i can have every sound on and individual track. I know im kind of asking for alot but i really need some assistance. maybe theres a tutorial or website somewhere out there somone knows about that will help me with this situation. id really appreciate it! thanks
Old 07-11-2007, 07:03 PM

Default Re: assistance needed with digi 002 rack!!!!!!!

does the phantom or the MPC have MIDI in, out and thru?
The 002 has only one MIDI input, so if you want to record midi information to protools from both the mpc and keyboard you will need to merge the midi leads by pluging one device 'thru' the other.
you can monitor the keyboard and MPC through the mixer, otherwise you will get latency when monitoring - just plug them into whatever channel you like.

you will need to patch them into one of the 002 inputs to record/print the stuff from the keyb. and MPC

also, patch the main outs (1&2) of the 002 into your mixer for monotoring.

g'luck!