Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 11-07-2005, 04:09 PM

Default So I guess it\'s safe for me to post this now.

http://mix.northjersey.com/story.php...FlZUVFeXkxMTk=
Old 11-07-2005, 04:21 PM

Default Re: So I guess it\'s safe for me to post this now.

Congrats??

Can you explain more perhaps?
Old 11-07-2005, 04:34 PM

Congrats on the deal Matt! went to see if your band has a website or anything to listen to some tunes and couldn't find anything, I take it you guys don't have anything up at the moment? Tried your page also and I'm getting an Apache Server type page... Well, best of luck to you guys anyhow, be sure to get a good lawyer going into any good deals like that. peace
Old 11-07-2005, 04:57 PM

if you go to http://mix.northjersey.com/rockoffArchive.php and find us "The Sixteen Millimeter Shrine" under the letter "T" you can hear one of our new songs which is the song that we won the contest with. idk if anyone else will have problems with it though, because they want u to use windows media player plugin to play it, but my comp automatically tries to get quicktime player plugin to play it, and i tried a million settings and could not get it working, then at school i tried playing it, but for some reason it played it fast, so my singer sounded like a chipmunk.

and for our other sites, which we will be putting the new song up there soon.

www.myspace.com/the16mmshrine
www.purevolume.com/thesixteenmillimetershrine
www.thesixteenmillimetershrine.com -- (there's like nothing on this cuz it's being remade)

yeah i forgot i need to fix that link.

so the contest we were in started off with 173 bands which you had to go online and vote, for 3 weeks, and the bands would come up randomly, and you would vote yes/no/skip and you can do this as many times in one day as you would like, so for the first week my band would vote but we would barely come up in the rotation, and we would see other bands come up constantly. so after the 3 weeks of voting the top 15 bands witht he most votes made it to the finals where people from the label looked at each band and picked a winner from that.

and i dont know any details of the contract yet (or if i'd even be allowed to say anything about it) because we didnt get it yet, we talked a little to the owner of the label and he wants to set up a meeting soon, so hopefully everything goes good.

and incase any of you have heard of these bands.
"My Chemical Romance" and "Thursday" started off on this label.
and now there huge, so it should be a good stepping stone for us
Old 11-07-2005, 07:56 PM

Cool Matt, congrats! I emailed you a few months ago, I'm originally from Roxbury, still visit my parents there on a regular basis. Best of luck, nice to see someone from that area going for it.