Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > ICON & C|24
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2006, 09:51 PM

Default Keeping dust out of the control surface.

How do you keep your control surface clear of dust?

Post suggestions, ideas, pictures, etc.

Thanks!
Old 01-21-2006, 01:52 AM

Default Re: Keeping dust out of the control surface.

I get a lot of dust where my studio is and I have a "wand" for lack of a better word. It's simply a stick about 2-3 feet long, and the second half of it, has a fuzzy span of synthetic fiber that comes out from the stick for about 6-8 inches in circumference all around the last foot or so of the wand. I get a lot of dust unfortunately, but this keeps the dust away and is very gentle on the board without being "whimpy" or too soft. Sorry, I don't have a picture, but if you send me a note (go to my web site and hit the “contact us” link) then just remind me, and I will take a digital photo of it, and then send it off to you. It works really well and I remember that it was pretty inexpensive. I'd do it for you now, but it's one AM here, and I am beat, sorry. Send it tomorrow and I'll get you a picture, just leave me your e-mail address by contacting me via that link I mentioned
Old 01-21-2006, 06:20 AM

I just wipe it down with a slightly damp rag every week or so.
I believe that's what they recomment in the manual.
Sounds so much better clean!
Old 01-22-2006, 03:13 AM

I use a cover and then I vacumn it every so often.
Old 02-19-2007, 10:54 PM

Default Re: Keeping dust out of the control surface. COVER

2/19/2007

I found a cover!

I tried a number of other Web sites, but didn't find any there, like at Sweetwater, Musicians Friend, and even Digidesign.

The cover I found is NOT listed -- as of 2/18/2007 -- on the company's Web site, but I wrote to them, and got a reply. I was then told on the phone that they MAKE THEM TO ORDER.

It's at http://www.lecover.com

DETAILS, from an email I received:

2 ply -- 70d (denier) nylon, and also vinyl-backed.

$19.95 + FDX ground ($6.00 to my location).

Wow.

After getting an email, I went to the Web site, filled out a form with my address -- but it was not a SECURE page, and said to either CALL in a credit card number, or pay with check.

On the phone he said they had already made a cover for the Digidesign Control|24 (Control24 / Control 24 / C24), and had the measurements already.

It is to arrive maybe toward the end of next week.

I still wonder if other companies make them, though.

LESS EXPENSIVE STAND

Since we're talking covers, I thought I'd mention a STAND I got for it that fits just about right, and is inexpensive. Of course you can always go with Argosy or Omnirax! and spend over a thousand dollars up to $4,000-something.

I set it up, and it seemed just about right, and sturdy, though I had to move before I really used it. It folds down to a T shape. It's width-depth adjustable, and also height adjustable, but it still felt reasonably solid! Of course, one could always use inexpensive boxes! LOL. Or maybe an adjustable height table. Hmm.

QUIK-LOK WS-550 (though one bar code says W 550)

Quiklok.com -- Has the WS-550 currently listed, along with the smaller 540.

Sweetwater -- Not currently carrying, said a page on 2/19.

Musicians Friend -- Carries Quik-Lok, but didn't list the 550, only the smaller 540. I am guessing they could special order it.

B&H -- Carries the WS-550 at $104.95. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/

I THOUGHT I bought it at Guitar Center for $50 (maybe near cost). But I have two now, and actually don't recall where I got the other one! Or for how much. I dunno.

Another design?? After receiving and trying it, I am thinking of asking them if they can make me a SECOND one without the vinyl backing, like the stretchy covers on keyboards, just because I am curious. On the other hand, the sharp incline of the back of the controller would make any such cover stretch way above the controller, and it would look goofy. Maybe not. LOL.

I presume it is to be in Black. (The email didn't say.)

Well, I certainly can be wordy when I want to be. *Sigh*.

Hope this helps some Good people.

©