Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-30-2014, 04:34 PM

Default EZdrummer - two instances

I am attempting to run two multichannel instances of EZdrummer. One is for the normal drum kit and the other is the Latin Percussion EZX.

Each EZdrummer mixer channel has a corresponding track (mono or stereo) in my project.

What I believe is happening is that the EZdrummer outputs are confusing PT11 because drums from the Latin set is coming in on the regular Kit channels. Not all of them, just an occasional thing like a shaker coming in on the hi hat track.

I can do this sort of thing in hosts like SONAR and Studio One and not experiencing any problems. But in PT it's sort of hit and miss.

I'd really like to figure out on what side of the exchange the problem is occurring so that maybe I could help get it sorted out.

This initially showed up when I created templates for the two libraries and imported them into a clean project. But I'm not a hundred percent sure that it matters or not.
Old 03-30-2014, 05:51 PM

Default Re: EZdrummer - two instances

Well it's not just two instances of EZdrummer fighting each other. If I open a multi output instance of Superior 2 and then EZdrummer, I lose output 13/14 in Superior.

Looks like Avid has some work to do with multi-output samplers.

I would imagine there are other products with the same problems.

I guess I'll load up Addictive Drums and see if that does the same sort of thing.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:01 PM

Try this; In the MIX window, select VIEW>Mix Window Shows and check Instruments. This opens a new row across the top of the MIX window. Look at your 2 stereo INSTRUMENT tracks. Experiment with different choices in the 2 buttons. It may be as simple as setting one track to trigger EZdrummer1 and the other to trigger EZdrummer2, or maybe change one to a different midi channel. I often have 2 tracks with EZD or SD2(doing the same as you, with drums and the LP set) and I have had no issues

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 03-31-2014, 07:18 AM

FWIW, I have that problem with more than one instance of Native Instruments´ Battery. Guess that makes it more likely to be an AVID-problem..

http://www.pelhamundhaas.de/index2.html
http://www.pelhamundhaas.de/vita.html
www.3-p.de
www.imglashaus.de
Old 03-31-2014, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Try this; In the MIX window, select VIEW>Mix Window Shows and check Instruments. This opens a new row across the top of the MIX window. Look at your 2 stereo INSTRUMENT tracks. Experiment with different choices in the 2 buttons. It may be as simple as setting one track to trigger EZdrummer1 and the other to trigger EZdrummer2, or maybe change one to a different midi channel. I often have 2 tracks with EZD or SD2(doing the same as you, with drums and the LP set) and I have had no issues
In my situation, I am usually running all the individual drums and room mics into a combination of mono and stereo tracks in PT. Using a few tracks, I don't run into a problem but when I push things that's when issues show up.

Doing my research into this problem, I see it all the way back into PT10. I am astonished that it would be allow to go on without a fix.