Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Pro Tools

Old 11-10-2021, 10:27 PM

Default Routing Coefficients issue

Nice to meet you all

Switching "Routing Coefficient" will increase the output from the audio interface by 6db.

Turn "solo" enable and disable to Become normal.

The symptom can be avoided by Switching "AFL/PFL Path:none"(IO setup).

Both BigSur11.6 Catalina10.5.7 show the same problem.
Similar symptoms on other IO(Including "internal Audio")...

https://youtu.be/3sOn5VnMZgQ
Old 11-10-2021, 11:52 PM

Default Re: PT 2021.10 Bug Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Cheesegrater and Mojave is stretching it anyway. You may have found its limits.
Yep - Got it. Understood. However, they have to last 18 more months at least. I'm worried about investing $15 - 30k (each) into current Mac towers if they are already being supplanted by a new architecture (XEON to M1). That has to play out first. The new Mac tower is so cool, but it's already outdated. So sad. We would buy 5 tomorrow if we knew how everything was going to work 5-7 years down the road. Those are too expensive to simply depreciate over 3 years. They have to last 10.

So we keep these old cheesegrater alive. Yes, we could build PCs, but the daily maintenance on a client-ready session PC is too much.

So the Chessegraters live. :)

More on-topic: I heard from Plugin Alliance today. They know about the graphics-lag issue (with Pro Tools and certain plugins in Big Sur) and are working on it.
Old 11-11-2021, 01:32 AM

Default Re: Routing Coefficients issue

ProTools Ultimate 21.10 MacBookPro16,4 2.4Ghz 8core 32GB
Big Sur11.6 Catarila10.5.7 Lynx HILO via USB
Old 11-11-2021, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loopzilla2 View Post
I'm worried about investing $15 - 30k (each) into current Mac towers if they are already being supplanted by a new architecture (XEON to M1). That has to play out first. The new Mac tower is so cool, but it's already outdated.
When I heard about the previous transition I bought the last generation G5 PowerMac, because I suspected the transition will take years not months. I was right and in retrospect could not be happier about that decision. That 2005 model served me well until I replaced it with Intel Mac Pro in 2009 when things were ready for prime time.

If you need stability and do not like surprises, the last generation Intel workstations are good for you. And they are not rottening after 3-4 years even though my guess is OS updates stop coming in 2023-2024 (and when that happens PT updates should still be compatible for another two years).

History often repeats itself, and in the previous transition the "death" of PPC was august 2009 when PPC code was dropped from OSX Snow Leopard. We are only one year in transition now, things are not even close to being ready yet. In fact, for us PT users the transition really only begins once PT and iLok are Apple Silicon native.
Old 11-11-2021, 03:25 AM

Quote:
When I heard about the previous transition I bought the last generation G5 PowerMac, because I suspected the transition will take years not months. I was right and in retrospect could not be happier about that decision. That 2005 model served me well until I replaced it with Intel Mac Pro in 2009 when things were ready for prime time.

If you need stability and do not like surprises, the last generation Intel workstations are good for you. And they are not rottening after 3-4 years even though my guess is OS updates stop coming in 2023-2024 (and when that happens PT updates should still be compatible for another two years).

History often repeats itself, and in the previous transition the "death" of PPC was august 2009 when PPC code was dropped from OSX Snow Leopard. We are only one year in transition now, things are not even close to being ready yet. In fact, for us PT users the transition really only begins once PT and iLok are Apple Silicon native.
I can only agree with this.
I wanted a laptop but the 2019 MBP got too hot for music. I ended up with an over priced Mac Pro 7.1 on Catalina, and it has been a rock.
Two weeks ago I received a new MBP 16" M1 Max 64GB. This has plenty enough power for my music projects (and everything else I do too). But it isn't stable. It doesn't really matter if it's the hardware or Monterey or the lack of native applications. Stuff just doesn't work as it should. I'm just a hobbyist, but if I did any kind of music-for-money, there's no way I'd get rid of the Mac Pro 7.1. (An Intel Mac Mini would have been fine too if it wasn't for my strange 32:9 screen, which it couldn't run).

On a separate subject, I finally upgraded my iPhone XS Max from 14.8 to 15.1 - now it doesn't work properly! Can't zoom and Safari is a stuttering mess. So I don't have much confidence in Apple OS updates just at the moment. The lesson is - use something that already works. And don't change it unless you have to.

Dominic
Old 11-17-2021, 12:55 PM

Quote:

I think I’m gonna try to find a used MP 2019. I’m on a 5,1 (FW upgraded 4,1), Hi Sierra with my back against the wall. Options would be to get another video card to be able to upgrade macOS beyond 10.13, or get a later Mac with an expansion chassis for PCIe/HDDs/SSDs, or wait for the new Mac Pro (and Avid and all third party developers to catch up). Hm...

PT Ultimate 2022.10.0 | HD OMNI | S3 | PT Dock | EuControl 2022.4.0.78 | PT Control 2022.4.0.60
macOS Big Sur 11.6.5 | Mac Pro (2019), 3,2 GHz 16-Core Intel Xeon W, 384 GB 2933 MHz DDR4
Old 11-18-2021, 09:23 AM

Has anyone noticed that the Undo queue seems to be missing steps now? I suddenly can’t undo many steps (fader movements, clip movements) I was previously able to.

i9 10900K, Asus Tuf Gaming Z490 Plus, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB, NVIDIA 1070ti

OS/apps, sessions, and samples all on separate drives.
Old 11-18-2021, 06:02 PM

For anyone who is interested…. I spent 5 hours on the phone with Avid Support. We were able to determine that tempo changes in the tempo ruler seem to clear the undo queue (to a point!) and eventually crash Pro Tools. Has this been anyone else’s experience?

i9 10900K, Asus Tuf Gaming Z490 Plus, Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB, NVIDIA 1070ti

OS/apps, sessions, and samples all on separate drives.
Old 11-20-2021, 06:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drywsef View Post
For anyone who is interested…. I spent 5 hours on the phone with Avid Support. We were able to determine that tempo changes in the tempo ruler seem to clear the undo queue (to a point!) and eventually crash Pro Tools. Has this been anyone else’s experience?
I haven't seen this here. But I'll be on the lookout. Thanks.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2024 HDX Hybrid
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 12-04-2021, 04:13 AM

BUG? - well, this is news for me with 2021.10:

Arturia Plugin(s) chrashes pro tools
Arturia Plugin(s) makes PT distort. Restart PT solves. Restart session does not.

Consistently-ish with Piano V
Randomly-ish with other Artutria instrument plugs
Seldomly-ish it works just fine

PT 2021.10.0
Windows 10 20h1
32 GB RAM
512 GB SSD
1 TB HDD