Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-04-2007, 06:41 PM

Default Session Template Problems

I do a lot of editing on the fly. So I am between my Mbox and the Digi 003 all the time.

So...I set up a few production templates to work with, namely for recording drums. One problem I am having with the templates is when I go to open one and create a new session MULTIPLE (sometimes 1K+) copies of the template are created. So I unlock the files and delete them. To open the templates without making multiple copies I "Unlock" the file...and then do a Save Session As. Not as convenient as you have to create a new folder, etc...any way around this?? What would cause this??

Because of this issue and after working remotely with the Mbox...when I return to record a session using the 003 and Presonus Digimax my ADAT inputs are inactive on my track channels, I/O settings have changed, etc. So I have manually recall my I/O settings and activate my inputs.
Is there a quicker way to do this??

MacBook Pro 2.16 OSX 10.4.10
3gb RAM
Pro Tools 7.3.1 cs5
Original Mbox, Digi 003
Old 12-04-2007, 06:48 PM

Default Re: Session Template Problems

I don't think there is a way to automatically recall your I/O settings. I believe you will have to do it manually every time, but I could be wrong.

When you open your template are you double clicking the session icon? To avoid copies being made, use the File/Open commands. When you do that, you will be asked to either "Edit Stationary", or "Create New Session". Select the latter, and you will be prompted to save your new session under its new name.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:08 PM

I get a new copy of the template file every time I open one. I do "save as new session" in another folder, and that's fine, but in the template folder I get "template copy 1", "template copy 2", "template copy 3" etc. not sure why this is. I usually delete those extra copies when there are like 10 of them, but it would be nice if this didn't happen... anybody know how to get rid of this? Digi?
Old 12-04-2007, 10:53 PM

Just to clarify what Brad is saying, open your template from within ProTools, not from the Finder