How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins

Old 12-10-2013, 10:55 AM

Default Re: Kush Audio AAX

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
I'll buy both these plugs the day the AAX version comes out... But I've made the decision to not buy any plugins at all, unless they will natively work with both Pro Tools 10 and Pro Tools 11... Even though I own MB-7, MetaPlugin, and Magma.
Well said! Not ONE more plugin for us until the develpoers who sell them are AAX64 Native as I am a little tired of all the promises and whatnot from the devs, I mean UA have been a long 6 month wait even though we already bought the Apollo Quad and Apollo 16 interfaces before PT11HD came out and I remember Greg from Kush saying they would be ready by summers end.

What really stings is when devs are working on other stuff like controllers, other hardware, other plugins before completing their promises, had nobody said anything at all and instead posted that "we will have the AAX64bit plugins ready and tested when everything is done coorectly" No timeframe they can'r keep or slide past with months as it just makes it worse. I would actually be fine with Slate saying that they will be ready when we are ready to release them insted of all this "soon" and "we are almost there now" which can be taken as weeks or years in fact

Sorry for the rant but rarely do I said anything like a rant

Anyway, Good Point Mesaone, stop buying until their plugins actually works in the DAW we are using without having to jump into hoops thru hoops to use them

Best Regards
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-10-2013, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southsidemusic View Post
Anyway, Good Point Mesaone, stop buying until their plugins actually works in the DAW we are using without having to jump into hoops thru hoops to use them
I understand voting with your wallet... Mostly, though, my decision is about workflow. It's just much easier to use native plugs, since these workaround utilities have all sorts of automation funkiness and are just an extra link in the troubleshooting chain. Buying the Nomad Factory complete pack is what sealed this deal, since there are so many nice plugs in there, but it just took longer to set up templates and test them all.

When I first got MB7 and Meta, I thought they were a godsend. Now, as most stuff I used has been ported, they only get used occasionally. I've since added some great AAX plugs to my inventory, stuff that has displaced some of what I had been using before. Plugin Alliance makes some seriously great stuff. All I want is some slate stuff when it gets ported, and maybe some Fabfilter (Pro-DS, Pro-C, and Saturn).

If I had a UAD card or apollo like some of you guys, I would be chomping at the bit.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:47 PM

I haven't read every post in this thread but in case no one has mentioned it...

I was very anxiously awaiting AAX64 support for UBK-1 - but no longer. I stumbled across Blue Cat's PatchWork plugin and all is right with the world again. I can now run UBK-1, all of the Slate plugins, Sound Toys and every other VST plugin I have thrown at it in PT11. It is very inexpensive and seems to work very well.

Don

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Old 12-10-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don4777 View Post
I haven't read every post in this thread but in case no one has mentioned it...

I was very anxiously awaiting AAX64 support for UBK-1 - but no longer. I stumbled across Blue Cat's PatchWork plugin and all is right with the world again. I can now run UBK-1, all of the Slate plugins, Sound Toys and every other VST plugin I have thrown at it in PT11. It is very inexpensive and seems to work very well.
Don,
I have several important plugins that still aren't AAX64: Lexicon PCM Native Reverb bundle, Kush, Massey. I have seen a number of guys who say they are using Blue Cat's MB-7 Mixer as a VST host in PT11. I was about to buy it when I happened to see your post about Blue Cat's PatchWork plugin. PatchWork seems to be just what I need. Any reason why guys would be using MB-7 instead for this purpose?
Thanks!
Mike

OK, no sooner had I posted than I found this comparison of the two plugins:
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=334856&page=7

Sorry for bothering you!
Mike
Old 12-10-2013, 05:08 PM

Because Patchwork came out after MB-7 and is a whole other animal.

Virtual patchbay is what I would say and host plugins until your computer crashes as you can use hundreds if not more Patchworks before it says stop, we have routed so many plugins i thought the macs we use would puke but everything just works

MB-7 only host so many per Cat and you can't do routing as you can in PT so Patchwork is a better option if you wanna make your own plugin chains.

MB-7 works great if you need to host a VI here or there though,
Best way is to read up on bluecats website as they have videos too.

Best
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 12-10-2013, 05:14 PM

Mike, I can chime in about Patchwork vs MB7.

Patchwork won't do discrete multiband processing, but it can do parallel processing, and host a larger number of plug-ins per instance.

An alternative to both is Metaplugin, which (in my limited experience) can be much more flexible and easier to use, since it has a popup list of plug-ins (which Blue Cat doesn't). Both Meta and Blue Cat require you to navigate your file structure to find and load plug-in, similar to the way File>Open works in most programs. With Meta, you only need to do this once per plugin, to populate the menu.

Both Blue Cat and Metaplugin seem to have similar stability. Both are extremely light on CPU. MB-7 and Metaplugin can also host VST instruments, I'm not sure if Patchwork can or not (I would assume yes)

EDIT: Forgot to add that both MB7 and Meta can do mid-side. Meta's crossover module allows you to do multiband, but MB7 has much more fluid and editable multiband functions - and built-in metering, of course.
Old 12-10-2013, 07:29 PM

Thanks for the info!
I bought Blue Cat PatchWork. I think this is just right for my needs.
Old 12-27-2013, 03:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mesaone View Post
An alternative to both is Metaplugin, which (in my limited experience) can be much more flexible and easier to use, since it has a popup list of plug-ins (which Blue Cat doesn't). Both Meta and Blue Cat require you to navigate your file structure to find and load plug-in, similar to the way File>Open works in most programs. With Meta, you only need to do this once per plugin, to populate the menu.
Also Metaplugin loads both AU and VST while Blue Cat's plugins only work with VST
A.
Old 12-29-2013, 03:17 PM

FWIW the Slate VCC doesn't work in Blue Cat.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCw...ogfR_7Q/videos

------------------------------------------------------
PT2023.12, OS X Monterey, Late 2013 MacPro, 6 core, 64 GB RAM, Orion Studio, Slate Raven MTi2, ISA428, ADL600, Distressor, Grace 501, Dimedio, Obsidian, One LA, BAC500, Harrison 32 EQ, UAD2 OCTO, Focal 6 be, Auratones...
Old 01-01-2014, 03:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by climber View Post
FWIW the Slate VCC doesn't work in Blue Cat.
I've heard that before but without knowing it was supposed to be a problem I have been running Slate VCC and VTM in blue cat in PT11 without a problem.