Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 10-07-2011, 05:15 PM

Default Popping Noises / Clocking issue

I was using a 192 and a 96...friend o" mine brought over a couple of more 192's he wasn't using (cool friend for sure)...swapped out the 96 with a 192 and got a constant "popping" noise which i was sure was some sort of clocking issue.
Checked the settings...both set to internal...swapped bnc cables...same issue...put the other 192 he brought...same issue...figured...okay...go back to what i had...put the 96 interface back...now THATS doing it!!
Everything was fine till i introduced his 192 into the mix...now its doing on my initial setup....When i disconnect the 2nd interface everything is cool and the master 192 behaves fine.
Any thoughts??...tried whattever i know ...trashed preferences...cables...
Suggestions?
Old 10-08-2011, 03:00 PM

Default Re: Popping Noises / Clocking issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drumdude View Post
I was using a 192 and a 96...friend o" mine brought over a couple of more 192's he wasn't using (cool friend for sure)...swapped out the 96 with a 192 and got a constant "popping" noise which i was sure was some sort of clocking issue.
Checked the settings...both set to internal...swapped bnc cables...same issue...put the other 192 he brought...same issue...figured...okay...go back to what i had...put the 96 interface back...now THATS doing it!!
Everything was fine till i introduced his 192 into the mix...now its doing on my initial setup....When i disconnect the 2nd interface everything is cool and the master 192 behaves fine.
Any thoughts??...tried whattever i know ...trashed preferences...cables...
Suggestions?
You are in "loop sync" right?
Which device is your master clock coming from?
the "internal" setting only tells us it is one of them.
session setup window cmmd+2 will let you pick which one is the "master clock".
Im thinking that one of the clocks is bad (original 192), and that is not the one that you were using before. Switch those settings around and see what happens. Would be rare, but anything is possible once!! ff