Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2002, 01:52 PM

Default Re: Solution to missing faders after changing session icon name...last try...

You didnt hide all the tracks , did you? [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Bastiaan
Old 06-15-2002, 02:01 PM

Default Re: Solution to missing faders after changing session icon name...last try...

No, I wish it was that easy... it's not one of my dumb mistakes this time (except for even trying to rename the icon, but I've done that 50 times, no problem). [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Thanks though....please keep thinking...
Old 06-15-2002, 02:02 PM

Roy,

I just opened a session hoping Bastiaan's reply would be it. Well, this could be one of those minute yet simple details we often overlook, but indeed, that could be the problem.
Your tracks may be hidden, which causes a completely blank mix and edit window. Give it a shot? Good luck....

pk
Old 06-15-2002, 02:02 PM

Hey, what is the deal about deleting DAE prefs? What exactly does that help solve sometimes?

thanksroy
Old 06-15-2002, 02:10 PM

for me it resolved BSOD, ptle complaining about non-registered plugins etc. Give it a go. If you want to play it safe, don't trash the folder, but drag the folder out to your desktop....

Also, if you see someone with strange problems (like you have now) Digidesign chimes in and recommends this....

Another thing they recommend is going into the hardware-setup menu, as this resets the DAE or something....

Bastiaan
Old 06-15-2002, 02:12 PM

I'm looking under the Display settings in the top menu bar. Again, something simple, perhaps silly, but look at "Edit window shows" and "Mix window shows", see what is checked or unchecked.

Also, in Setups->Preferences->Editing, make sure "Recall original track selection" is checked. This last option may have nothing to do with the problem, but you never know, I'm looking at all the possibilities right now.

pk
Old 06-15-2002, 02:14 PM

Have you tried creating a new session and doing the import track stuff?

Bastiaan
Old 06-15-2002, 02:46 PM

OK, thank you guys SO much....I'm trying it all now...
Old 06-15-2002, 03:48 PM

Well, I tried everything I can imagine, and no luck. I deleted DAE preferences (which magically reappear!) uhhh, I tried pk's suggestion in Pref, I tried copying the whole session to another drive. It appears that it has it's mind made up.

Let me ask you guys this, though. Since the Audio files are THERE, but just no faders, isn't there a way using one of the Modes (Shuffle or something), where once I audition and know the correct sequence of each track's audio files, where they can easily be lined up back to back?

I ask, because in the Audio list, they can be sorted in the order in which they were done, which will help me restore them (and keep me from going insane... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] )

Also, any other suggestions, I'll certainly try...

THANKS very Much, Roy
Old 06-15-2002, 07:28 PM

Last chance bump before I give up... if anybody has any ideas before this topic sinks to the
bottom

of the

page...

I would

really ap-

preciate

it...

...............thanks all for the help, Roy