Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 04-10-2012, 08:36 AM

Default URGENT I can't record in Pro Tools 10 with my Oxygen 61 Keyboard

I can't record in Pro Tools 10 with my Oxygen 61 Keyboard (blue) in my Mac OS X 10.6.3. What I have to do? PLEASE...I need your help!!!

Last edited by sergiog; 04-10-2012 at 08:43 AM. Reason: I needed to change the characters to black
Old 04-10-2012, 09:27 AM

Default Re: URGENT I can't record in Pro Tools 10 with my Oxygen 61 Keyboard

Sorry to hear about your problems, but we need a lot more info in order to help you.

Is the keyboard plugged in? Does it show up in Audio/MIDI setup? Is it enabled in MIDI Input Devices? What virtual instrument are you trying to trigger with it and what type of track are you using it on? Have you selected a patch within that instrument?
Old 04-10-2012, 10:42 AM

Thank you very much for your answer, I am very desperate. The Pro Tools can perfectly recognize the keyboard (MIDI), but I can't hear any sound, I can just hear the click from the Oxygen, send start to record, stop, mute, etc., but I am not actually triggering any of the instruments in Xpand nor recording anything. Yes, it shows up in Audio/MIDI setup. Yes, it is enabled in MIDI Input Devices. What virtual instrument are you trying to trigger with it and what type of track are you using it on? I have tried with a lot of virtual instruments from the Xpand, not with all of them, there are many, but with a lot . I haven't patchs; I have seen in other forums that some persons have troubles with Xpand but they can work with the others like Boom, etc., but I am trying to use Xpand and the other options, and I can't listen with anyone!! I can't even see any signal in the faders. I tried with all kinds of tracks. My keyboard is plugged in (when I bought the keyboard the seller told me that it would be working immediately because is a plug and play keyboard(!)).
I had the pro tools 9 but I had also the option to upgrade to pro tools 10, and I did it, I thought it would be better, but now I don't know (is this version the right one to manage this keyboard? Or not?. Please help me with this. I need the configuration or something, it is urgent.
Old 09-18-2013, 01:38 AM

PLEASE! Help! Help! Help!!!
With all my 30+ years expepirience in digitalmusic I have EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM (!!!) with both -PT10/11
Old 09-18-2013, 02:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ziglor View Post
PLEASE! Help! Help! Help!!!
With all my 30+ years expepirience in digitalmusic I have EXACTLY THE SAME PROBLEM (!!!) with both -PT10/11
Help us help you
Old 09-18-2013, 02:41 AM

... check if "midi-thru" is activated in PT.
...had similar problem and it turnt out , it was,
after updating PT , by default not checked.