Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Digidesign Hardware & Software

Old 06-18-2001, 01:05 PM

Default deleting measures (in conductor ruler)

I've fallen and I can't get up!

First off, does anyone know how to delete measures in a protools (free) session? I have
some measures at the end of a session that I
want to delete. I can clear the tracks of audio and midi notes but I want the measures to go away. Everything I have tried fails. I
have selected the time rulers, all tracks, etc. and performed clear,cut, you name it. Nothing I've done will delete these measures.

Second question: is there any way to have protools repeat (duplicate) a section
of music that contains time changes and have
the changes show up in the measures of each repeat? Whenever I try to do this it loses track of the rhythm info. and throws the repeat over N measures of whatever the last
measure in the section was. These time changes aren't manually entered as meter events, but came over in an imported midi
file. Protools seems to pick up the meter
changes on the import, but then won't copy them into a duplicate of the section (it's really annoying!).

In the course of trying to do this, I've generated over a hundred measures of garbage
at the end of my session, which of course,
I can't delete!