Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2018

Old 02-06-2022, 10:35 AM

Default Downloading Missing Plug Question

Good morning,
I have PT 2018.4, running on a Windows 10 desktop, 32 gig Ram.. I know I haven't given all the details of my system. I can figure out a Sandra Lite report if need be..
So, all of a sudden I don't have the xPand!2 and Boom plug ins.. I'm thinking of downloading them from my Avid account. I see in the download section the Air Expand II for PT 2018.3.. I've got 2018.4 so, this would be my download? As far as Boom is concerned, I see it's in the First Air Instrument Bundle.. On the Download page, the download of the First Air Instrument Bundle available for download is the First Air Instruments 2018.10.. Will this work on my 2018.4 version? I wonder how I lost these plug-ins in the first place? Thank you for any advice,
Rich
Old 02-06-2022, 04:13 PM

Default Re: Downloading Missing Plug Question

Both those plug-ins are in my v2021.12 Pro Tools on Windows 10 - originally from those installers. AFAIK, there are no later installers.
SonoBus
Source-Connect: brucehayward
Options for Remote Direction
Old 02-06-2022, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Weed View Post
...AFAIK, there are no later installers.
Yes, run the AIR Effects Bundle, AIR Instruments Bundle, and XPand!2 installers (these are listed as First AIR Effects Bundle and First AIR Instruments Bundle in Application Manager, but they install the same plug-ins/versions)

https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...-Tools-install

I added the AIR Effects Bundle, (see link below) - check to see if you've still got them, 'cos these also sometimes "disappear"

http://akmedia.digidesign.com/suppor...uide_80358.pdf

Last edited by unkJE; 02-06-2022 at 05:00 PM. Reason: see if AIR Effects are also missing
Old 02-06-2022, 06:19 PM

Thanks everyone.. Yeah, I figured I'd go ahead & download those bundles and low and behold, the plug-ins made an appearance.

So I know this is off topic but since I'm here, anyone versed in the Amplitube 4 & 5 plug ins? Same kinda issue as missing xpand2.. In Amplitube 4 Mono, I'm always getting a pop up when scrolling around clicking on presets, that says certain patches to the chosen preset aren't available? Sorry to bother anyone asking this. Just remembered this while typing!