Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 06-19-2019, 02:01 AM

Default Crashing when enabling ethernet port - found the cause in my case

Just thought I'd put this up in case it helps anyone. Win10 new PC build and it was crashing anytime I enabled the ethernet port, just closed. I also got some couldn't complete the exit command error messages as well.

In putting together the new system I'd added a bluetooth keyboard. Windows decided my life wasn't complicated enough and as well as adding the bluetooth radio driver the keyboard needs, it added a bluetooth network adapter. This was coming up first in the protools ethernet adapter list instead of my realtek adapter for my physical port, and it was freaking protools out. After disabling the bluetooth network adapter in device manager all is good and working as it should.
For now.
Old 07-13-2022, 10:53 PM

Default Re: Crashing when enabling ethernet port - found the cause in my case

Hi, just had the same problem after a new motherboard, stumbled across this and all is now good so many thanks.
Old 07-17-2022, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Barton Australia View Post
Hi, just had the same problem after a new motherboard, stumbled across this and all is now good so many thanks.
Cheers Jonathan, always good to hear the humans win against the machines.
Old 01-10-2024, 11:23 AM

hi Led
I know I'm reviving an old thread but I think I'm having the same issue but can't seem to find the location of my Bluetooth network adapter. I have an 'editors keys' keyboard and a logitech mouse which work through different wireless dongles, so I'm trying to troubleshoot but not having any luck finding what I'm looking for.

Unfortunately, I need to remain connected to the internet to access my sound fx library and the slowdown in Protools is unacceptable while connected to the internet.

Thanks!
Old 01-15-2024, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daknuts View Post
hi Led
I know I'm reviving an old thread but I think I'm having the same issue but can't seem to find the location of my Bluetooth network adapter. I have an 'editors keys' keyboard and a logitech mouse which work through different wireless dongles, so I'm trying to troubleshoot but not having any luck finding what I'm looking for.

Unfortunately, I need to remain connected to the internet to access my sound fx library and the slowdown in Protools is unacceptable while connected to the internet.

Thanks!
Type device manager in the search bar, click on it and look under network adapters. Look for anything called bluetooth LAN or network. See attached pic, that's where mine was and it appeared alpahbetically first in the list.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Device Manager 16_01_2024 11_28_11 AM.jpg (41.6 KB, 0 views)