Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Virtual Instruments

Old 05-25-2022, 08:00 AM

Default other meters in Groove Cell? no 6/8? [SOLVED]

What am I missing? The manual makes one mention of Meter and says it follows the session settings, but I have a 6/4 session and it still plays 8 beats not 6 (or 12) So there's no way to have the Groove Cell sequencer make any sense. That I can find .. anyone? I do have the conductor running FYI

Of course I can program it in PT MIDI, but thats really not so cool or easy ....
Old 05-31-2022, 08:08 AM

Default Re: other meters in Groove Cell? no 6/8?

Groove Cell does get its tempo info from the session, so I'm not sure why it isn't syncing for you.
You can play with the Steps buttons, which will set the number of steps before it repeats. Just set it back to where you want the loop to happen.

System Details
Old 05-31-2022, 08:37 AM

Default Re: other meters in Groove Cell? no 6/8?

Thanks a ton - the steps knob is what I was looking for. The tempo sync wasn't the issue. The knob allows me to achieve the equivalent of following the meter. Easy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by junkgear View Post
Groove Cell does get its tempo info from the session, so I'm not sure why it isn't syncing for you.
You can play with the Steps buttons, which will set the number of steps before it repeats. Just set it back to where you want the loop to happen.