Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems

Old 02-02-2022, 09:59 PM

Default Venue S6L standalone software on Mac M1 Pro Monterey

Hello everyone
Has anyone been able to install the S6L editor on new M1 Pro machines?
If so how? Boot camp? Parallels? VMWare?
I read online it’s not possible because Windows won’t run on M1 machines unless it’s an ARM version (whatever that is). Info online is conflicting.
Is there a solution?
Old 02-03-2022, 11:29 AM

Default Re: Venue S6L standalone software on Mac M1 Pro Monterey

My question is about Viewing Console files from a 6SL in the V7.0 standalone software. I have the .dsh files, but I can't seem to open them in the standalone software, whether they are on the desktop in Windows 10 64 bit inside Parallels, or on a USB Stick inside the Windows VM, in a folder with a console file I created in the Virtual software. Do I need a file convertor, if the software in the 6SL that created these files is not up to 7.01? I just need to see these files for naming, routing and other things. Any help would be great....new at 6SL, familiar will all other high end consoles from Calrec Appollo to PM10, PM7, DigiCo, Vi Soundcraft, Midas and all....
Thanks in advance
Jeff
Old 02-04-2022, 05:16 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffmjones1 View Post
My question is about Viewing Console files from a 6SL in the V7.0 standalone software. I have the .dsh files, but I can't seem to open them in the standalone software, whether they are on the desktop in Windows 10 64 bit inside Parallels, or on a USB Stick inside the Windows VM, in a folder with a console file I created in the Virtual software. Do I need a file convertor, if the software in the 6SL that created these files is not up to 7.01? I just need to see these files for naming, routing and other things. Any help would be great....new at 6SL, familiar will all other high end consoles from Calrec Appollo to PM10, PM7, DigiCo, Vi Soundcraft, Midas and all....
Thanks in advance
Jeff
S6L, not 6SL.

If you exported your show files from the console to USB using Filing->Transfer page, all you need is just to do the opposite in Standalone. I.e. plug that USB, go to Filing->Transfer, select "Shows" in the middle, choose USB drive and show folder on the right, select your show file in the list, choose destination show folder on the left and press Transfer on the right. This will move the show file from USB to <Documents>\D-Show\User Data\Shows\<destination folder name>\<show name>.dsh and Standalone software will see it.
Old 02-04-2022, 05:25 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcnyc View Post
Hello everyone
Has anyone been able to install the S6L editor on new M1 Pro machines?
If so how? Boot camp? Parallels? VMWare?
I read online it’s not possible because Windows won’t run on M1 machines unless it’s an ARM version (whatever that is). Info online is conflicting.
Is there a solution?
There's no ARM version of Standalone at the moment.
Parallels only supports Windows ARM as a guest OS. But Windows 11 ARM seems to contain x64/x86 emulator, which should do the trick: https://www.pcmag.com/news/microsoft...ive-to-windows
Old 05-02-2022, 06:43 AM

This is one (of several) reasons I haven't upgraded my laptop yet. The other primary reason being that I need 4 Thunderbolt ports when I'm using the laptop for recording, and the new MacBook Pro M1 Max only has 3 :-/

1) Ethernet > AVB > S6L
2) Firewire > MOTU UltraLite mk3 for use with Smaart (bus powered)
3) USB Dock for the ProTools license, and for Ethernet > Dante (bus powered)
4) External 14" monitor + USB-C power

It mostly boils down to me really liking having only a single power connection, and that if I lose power for whatever reason, nothing stops working as the computer's battery keeps things going.