Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 11-22-2021, 10:26 AM

Default MIDI Editor window responsiveness when MIDI CC automation data is displayed

Good day to everyone.
I had recently build a new PC and shifted to PT 2021.10 from PT 9 to 12.5.2. I had been using PT since many years ago.
In this very first session, I encounter an issue, which supposed to be solved in PT 2021.3, which is "MIDI Editor window responsiveness when MIDI CC automation data is displayed, has been improved (PT-240439)".
I was writing a strings track, and during my input for the CC data with midi controller, I found out the recording track is weird. It behaved like the whole process become slower, and the recorded CC data is not showing in real time.
After the CC 1 data had been done recorded, I was trying to drag and adjust the midi note length, the response is extremely slow. It takes few second to react. If I close the automation section, everything back to normal silky smooth.
Before I realize what exactly happen, I tried to trashed preferences, open a new session and import current session, export and import the midi to a new session, and I even reinstall Pro Tools and reinstall OS to do the troubleshooting. I tried backward versions, 2021.7, 2021.6, 2021.3, even my last used version, PT 12.5.2; but nothing help.
Lastly I googled and found out this bug fix release note.
It become responsive when the automation section is close (or not shown), but it become responsiveness once the automation section is open. The more automation section is open or shown, the worst it response.
I am stuck in the middle of this project. Any clues or solution for this?
Any advice and suggestion is much appreciated.

Pro Tools 2021.10
MBox Pro
Ryzen 5950x
128G RAM
Windows 10 Pro
Separate M.2 SSD for System and sessions
Old 08-11-2022, 03:25 AM

Default Re: MIDI Editor window responsiveness when MIDI CC automation data is displayed

I have the exact same problem, did you ever find a fix? I'm getting pretty desperate over here, I can't work and have deadlines to meet.
Old 08-11-2022, 08:29 AM

Default Re: MIDI Editor window responsiveness when MIDI CC automation data is displayed

Hmmm, shot in the dark as I am not a big user of deep midi features:
1-maybe your graphics card driver is old(wondering if its a graphics problem)
2-maybe alter your workflow so that you set the midi editor window to show CC but keep it closed while recording midi?

I'll follow as well out of curiosity

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave