Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-27-2011, 11:56 PM

Default Is a new style DIGILINK cable included with HDX 16x16 analog upgrade

Hello I was thinking and for some reason I havnt found anything anywhere on the web about this.
What exactly does this HDX 16x16 (analog) hardware exchange come with.
Will it include a new version of the slim DIGILINK cable. Not the little cables but something that will go to my rack from my computer. with the new smaller plugs.
Will this come with a new ILOK key Does it have CD roms included
How about a Manual

This is sort of dumb on my part but I didnt really check to be honest I assumed. Now a day or two away I am woundering will I even have the proper DIGILINK CABLE when it gets here. I assume I will
Old 12-28-2011, 01:23 AM

Default Re: Is a new style DIGILINK cable included with HDX 16x16 analog upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by phatbeatstudio View Post
Hello I was thinking and for some reason I havnt found anything anywhere on the web about this.
What exactly does this HDX 16x16 (analog) hardware exchange come with.
Will it include a new version of the slim DIGILINK cable. Not the little cables but something that will go to my rack from my computer. with the new smaller plugs.
Will this come with a new ILOK key Does it have CD roms included
How about a Manual

This is sort of dumb on my part but I didnt really check to be honest I assumed. Now a day or two away I am woundering will I even have the proper DIGILINK CABLE when it gets here. I assume I will
Not a dumb question. I was wondering meself until I got one. The interfaces will come with a new mini digilink cable and an adaptor for older blue units. The exchange comes with an activation card for PT9HD to PT10HD, no iLok, no DVDs, all downloads, manual is PDF - no trees are harmed but a fair number of electrons will be terribly inconvenienced.
Old 01-01-2012, 10:30 AM

Default Re: Is a new style DIGILINK cable included with HDX 16x16 analog upgrade

Yes it did come with a new mini Digilink cable and everything it should
very happy THANX AVID
Old 05-07-2014, 04:04 PM

is this still the case? if I buy a new HDio 16x16 analog, will it come with a short mini-digilink cable, so I can chain it after my first unit?

and / or

if I buy a new HDio 16x16 DIGITAL, will it come with a short mini-digilink cable, so I can chain it after my first unit?

thanks.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:02 PM

They will both come with short mini-digilink cables, plus a mini-digilink to Digilink female to connect to original "fat" cables.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:03 AM

One thing missing from Avid product portfolio is a one-meter cable of OLD digilink male connector on one end an NEW digilink male connector on the other end.

I hate adapters. I truly hate adapters. It makes me mad whenever I even see my setup where I have an old-to-new Digilink adapter connected to very short old Digilink cable.

It shouldn't be like that, there should be a product for connecting old gear more conveniently.
Old 05-08-2014, 12:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
One thing missing from Avid product portfolio is a one-meter cable of OLD digilink male connector on one end an NEW digilink male connector on the other end.

I hate adapters. I truly hate adapters. It makes me mad whenever I even see my setup where I have an old-to-new Digilink adapter connected to very short old Digilink cable.

It shouldn't be like that, there should be a product for connecting old gear more conveniently.
Agreed. If they can make the adapter they could make an adapter cable. Having that little extra piece in the chain is less than ideal. Obviously they knew we'd want to connect the devices.