Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-11-2010, 06:27 AM

Default Graphic card for Pro tools?

I`d advice you to keep away from Gainward GTX 460 if you are using PT LE 7.4 and a digi002rack at least. My guess is that version and hardware doesn`t matter.

I bought this graphic card for my PC to advance the game-experience, wich it didn`t because I need a better cpu as well. And this card totally messed up pro tools. I haven`t used PT for a long time now because I have this new card installed so I cant remember the error message but it was something Ive never seen before. I couldn`t even press play. I uninstalled the graphic drivers and pro tools improved yet the error message came up once in a while.

So my question; is there any good graphic cards that works well for people who like to play Battlefield bad company 2 after recording some drums?
Old 11-12-2010, 03:19 AM

Default Re: Graphic card for Pro tools?

Anyone? Please help. :)
Old 11-12-2010, 03:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpit View Post
Anyone? Please help. :)
Have a bit of a google on the DUC. This has been asked numerous times. You can even advanced search for threads started by me where I asked this question and some answers were given for some decent graphics cards
Old 11-12-2010, 05:17 AM

Oh. Thank you very much. I will do that. =)
Old 11-12-2010, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigpit View Post
Oh. Thank you very much. I will do that. =)
No probs. Keep in mind however that Avid have now released "Qualified" graphics cards...the previous graphics card recommendations were made prior to the release of PT9 and their qualified list. Doesn't mean other graphics cards won't work, just that it hasn't been tested by Avid. Maybe check out other peoples sig's while your poking around, see what people have had success with. I know of an ATI 5850 that's had success with PT...and in a month's time I should be able to tell you if my ATI 5770 plays nice