Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-12-2005, 05:42 PM

Default hardware not recognized

I know it has been discussed on this thread:
http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...fpart=1#876908

but it went cold and I still don't have an answer. I just did a clean uninstall of PT 6.9 (and then 6.9.2 just to be safe) and then did an install of 6.9 and then 6.9.2 but PT still won't recognize my mBox. Launching PT gives me the "connect hardware and click 'OK'" prompt and the Digi Core Audio app doesn't recognize that anything is connected. The mBox IS powered up by usb but not recognized. Also, I have tried different USB ports and I've trashed the preferences as suggested in the above thread. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

thanks much,
-c

G5 dual 2gig
os x 10.4.2
PTLE 6.9.2
Old 09-12-2005, 06:01 PM

Default Re: hardware not recognized

If you've tried that Mbox on all of the usb ports on your computer and it's still not working, AND you've gone thru all of the troubleshooting suggestions in the sticky at the top of the forum, then you're left with only a few options:

1. See if you can locate another computer where you can install PT and see if the Mbox works there.

2. See if you can get another Mbox to test on your computer.

Your dealer would be a good place to accomplish both of these tests. If none of that is possible or both have negative results:

3. Call DigiCS and get an RMA

Good luck.
Old 09-12-2005, 06:49 PM

I just tried to load PT 6.9 on my wife's iBook and it treated the mBox the same way as above. Digi Core Audio calls it an unsupported device and PT won't recognize that it's connected.

For giggles, can someone who has an mbox chime in? ALL of the LEDs on my mBox are illuminated all the time (except for the 2 red "peak" notifiers and the phantom power (48v) notification. is that normal?
Old 09-13-2005, 10:12 AM

Quote:
If you've tried that Mbox on all of the usb ports on your computer and it's still not working, AND you've gone thru all of the troubleshooting suggestions in the sticky at the top of the forum, then you're left with only a few options:

1. See if you can locate another computer where you can install PT and see if the Mbox works there.

2. See if you can get another Mbox to test on your computer.

Your dealer would be a good place to accomplish both of these tests. If none of that is possible or both have negative results:

3. Call DigiCS and get an RMA

Good luck.
Thanks, Shawn. You were right. MBox was broken. I'm swapping it out for a new one.

thanks again,
-c