Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2024, 11:49 PM

Default Re: Logic Pro with HDX - Latency Issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by JCollet View Post
I actually went measuring latency with both buffer settings set to 32 samples. This gave me 3.7ms roundtrip latency, measured, not calculated. Pretty much enough for 90% of what I do.
Stability is awful though. Working fine for hours on one day or not even for 10 seconds on most other days.
That's actually pretty good results, but not the reliability. Sad to read that.

What is the sample rate? Sorry to bother you again, I should have asked before.

If it's 3.7ms at 48K, that's good, if it's at 192K, that's below average and 48K that I work at would likely be 10ms or something.

I just don't know what to do as I refuse to leave Windows. I don't want to spent 19 thousand dollars on an HDX card (PT Ultimate perpetual included) and MTRX studio package. Even though it would give me what I want WITH Pro tools.

I am a bit disillusioned that I have been with PT for 4 years now and love the workflow but Avid refuses to add even basic midi upgrades.

All I want is a few midi plugins and a proper drum grid and the entire app would be transformed for me and I'd never look at another DAW again.

But the way it stands, I still play around with S1 and Nuendo, so that also makes me think.. why would I buy HDX if I am not using PT at least 95% of the time?
Old 02-22-2024, 01:56 AM

Default Re: Logic Pro with HDX - Latency Issue

It was at 48k. So perfectly usable if you get the driver not to crash constantly
Question is, what do you wanna use the HDX card for? You can get great results latency wise with just the matrix or the new DAD center, and since it's thunderbolt you can use it with pretty much any DAW the way I see it. I just use HDX with a DAD for recording and monitoring purposes in a studio that I'm regularly at, being able run monitor huge sessions without much latency. No plugins calculated on there though.
In my own room I use an Apogee Symphony with PT Ultimate, works perfectly fine, everything being native...