Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-05-2002, 04:21 PM

Default Could Not Allocate - I\'ve read the others...still need help

I read all of the posts about this error "Could not allocate space for recording". I get this when I try to record from ProTools LE to a brand new LaCie 7200, 60gig Firewire drive via a G4 PowerBook. I have formatted the drive as both HFS and HFS+. Same error. I have also reduced the Max Recording preference from Open Ended to just 10 minutes.

Are there any other suggestions. I records fine onto the G4 harddrive. I can playback files from the LaCie drive, just can't record.

Tim.
Old 07-05-2002, 07:14 PM

Default Re: Could Not Allocate - I\'ve read the others...still need help

hiaaa,
go to your pref. and make sure your max recording time is set to something like 30min..
it's really strange but when i get this message i just sorta play around with the time and it always works....

www.spineproductions.net
Old 07-06-2002, 04:40 AM

I did this (see above).

There is still something wrong. Or are you just saying keep trying different times? I have it set to 10 minutes right now?

Anyone else using a LaCie FireWire drive? Any reason to believe it may not work?

Thanks.
Old 07-08-2002, 10:28 AM
Avid

What format utility did you use on the FireWire drive? For best results, format FireWire drives using the Mac OS:

1-Backup all important data that is on your FireWire drive
2-Highlight the FireWire drive on the Desktop and choose Special>Erase Disk. Choose Mac OS Extended formatting and click OK.
3-Once the drive is formatted, disable/remove all third party FireWire extensions and restart the computer. (LaCie FireWire extensions are known to interfere with Pro Tools performance)

Brent
Old 11-01-2002, 09:36 PM

I have the same problem now out of the blue, just popped up. I use an EZ quest Cobra firewire 120GB drive w/ Oxford chip. Sometimes I get an error -6063 or something like that.
Tonight is the first time for this "could not aallocate" window.
I have formatted using the erase disc under the special menu which was the only right way to format. My lord can anyone help or is this thing crap and I need to dump cash into a Digidrive?
Old 11-02-2002, 08:03 AM

I have the same Lacie drive and the same problem. what bugs me is that the very first time I used it it worked fine I have a song I can record on it's when I creat a new session that this is happeneing. [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]