Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 08-14-2006, 10:22 PM

Default New Time Shift plug-in

new time shift plug-in that will be TCE tool in future versions.
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...942&ref=time-f
Old 08-15-2006, 02:01 AM

Default Re: New Time Shift plug-in

Quote:
new time shift plug-in that will be TCE tool in future versions.
http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...942&ref=time-f
Wow! Digi, I'm impressed. You gave us Formant-correct processing and formant shifting!!! I hope to see this taken to another level in the future and implemented in real time right on a track.

We also got Varispeed! Well done!

Shane

Give your plug-ins a facelift...and skin 'em!

"Music should be performed by the musician, not by the engineer."

Michael Wagener 25th July 2005, 02:59 PM

Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.1 | Pro Tools|HDX 10.2 | Studio One | REAPER 4.22 | HD OMNI | HoboMac Pro 2.26Ghz Quad-Core | W7 Ultimate 64-bit
Old 08-15-2006, 06:50 AM

Is it just me or what? I mean Digi is starting to really catch-up in the included (IOW free) plug-in department, at least as compared to my other favorite DAW tool Logic. Digi just keeps getting better and better!! Two new free plug-ins is in as many weeks (least that's when I found them) is amazing. Are there more goodies inthe pipeline? I'd like to see Vocalign in my toolkit someday. I get my 002 Factory with MPT next week so I am like WAY thrilled! Thanks Digi!!! Keep up the excellent work! Blessings, R

UPDATE: There is a note in the documentation that this new plug does not work with Version 7.0 or 7.1!!! What is up with that??? What's the point? Does it work with earlier versions?
Old 08-15-2006, 12:57 PM

Quote:

UPDATE: There is a note in the documentation that this new plug does not work with Version 7.0 or 7.1!!! What is up with that??? What's the point? Does it work with earlier versions?

Doh, I take back my previous statement. I misread the article.
http://www.pureshift.com
http://www.bsodmusic.com
Old 08-15-2006, 01:14 PM

ok, now im confused, does it work with 7.0 ???????
Old 08-15-2006, 01:50 PM

Yeah, and here's the other thing I noticed: The Mac version is twice as big of a download than the Windows version. To ME, that means that there's probably more, and better funtions, presets, etc... on te Mac version.

Why the difference? Are Mac people getting a better free plug-in than us Windows users?

Lenovo P50: quad-core i7-6820hq, 64GB, 2TB SSD, Win 10 Pro / Protools Ultimate 2023.6 / HD|Native-TB
2018 MacBook Pro: six-core i9, 32GB, 1TB, Monterey / Protools Studio 2023.6, / DVS / DAR, L-ISA Studio

Home/mobile: Focusrite Red 8Pre+HD32R / Clarett 4Pre
Road/hotel: Roland OctaCaputre / Apogee One
Old 08-15-2006, 01:52 PM

Go to the same link listed above and click on the Features Tab at the top of the page.

7.0 is supported, just that the TC/E Trim Tool and AudioSuite Preview feature only work currently for 7.2 HD systems and will be supported for LE and M-Powered in the near future.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:17 PM

Quote:
Yeah, and here's the other thing I noticed: The Mac version is twice as big of a download than the Windows version. To ME, that means that there's probably more, and better funtions, presets, etc... on te Mac version.

Why the difference? Are Mac people getting a better free plug-in than us Windows users?
Do you get more of a song with a wav than an mp3? no. different formats different sizes.
Old 08-15-2006, 02:42 PM

By Jenre
Quote:
Do you get more of a song with a wav than an mp3? no. different formats different sizes.
Hello. Actually you do get more with a .wav than an .mp3. A lot more. A .wav or .aif file is uncompressed audio, an .mp3 falls under the category known as 'lossy' compression. The term lossy comes from the fact that in order to reduce the file size a lot of information has to be lost. As in lost, thrown away, gone forever. They use some techniques that analyze the frequency content of the audio and throw away some of the stuff that is lower in amplitude than others.

That's a broad simplification. But do be sure that you do in fact lose a lot and it is not the same song. Not even close. Try this, grab a CD of a Beethoven's 9th Symphony or Vivaldi's Four Seasons or Carl Orff's Carmina Burana. Something with a large frequency range (very high highs, very low lows, etc) and a wide dynamic range (very loud louds, very soft softs, etc). Listen to it. Do an MP3 of the same audio. Listen to that. You tell me if you don't actually lose something in the process.

I understand you may have meant that you don't get a different mix of the song, or that one song is longer than the other, etc. It's the same mix. But I did want to clarify that you do in fact lose quite a bit in the process, you do actually get more with a .wav or an .aif than an .mp3.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:07 PM

But you don´t loose the violin section beacuse of that. The whole orchestra is still there.
If you get my point.