Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 08-13-2001, 10:18 AM

Default Wave Digital - My experience

Recently, I posted on here with the intention of buying a Pro-Tools system.

Basically, the whole process was intimidating. (I'm moving up from the cassette
based 4-track world) Because I'm a newbie to the DAW world, customer service was a
HUGE consider. I decided to skip over Dell and went with New Jersey's Wave Digital Systems for the whole deal.

They specialize in DAWs. They custom build the systems. They offer support for both
the hardware and the software. They're musicians. Ok sounds good so far...

I placed my order and was going back and forth with them about the delivery date. (Its
not an assembly line. Each computer is custom built for the end user.)

The computer was supposed to arrive at my house on Friday. I had to take a day off to be home to receive
it. I called them on Thursday to confirm and it turned out that the computer had not gone out. They
were finishing installation and missed the UPS guy.

Living alone, I needed to be home to receive the computer. I had taken a day off of work.
Now I would have to take another day off to wait for this thing. Chris, my salesperson,
was trying to work something out. (Saturday delivery or something)

Next Gil Griffith (the president of the company) gets on the phone. I explained the
situation to him. It was a drag for me but it really was beyond their control. So he
says to me..."Ok. Email me your address and directions to your house." Unbelievable!
A 3-hour drive RT from NJ to my apartment in Brooklyn!

The next day...Gil himself shows up at my house at 12:30pm. I asked him…
"Do you want to come in for cold drink?" (It was a 100 degree day) and he says, "Sure.
Lets go in and set it up."

This is unreal. Not only has the president of this company personally driven my
new computer to my house but now he's offering to come in a set it up for me!

So that's what he did. We ended up hanging out, setting up the computer, showing me things on the system,
BS'ing and having a great time. He's a great guy with tremendous knowledge and enthusiasm for music and music technology. But more important, he proved to me that I made the right decision in going with Wave Digital.

I was thinking…I'm gonna post this online and people are going to think it's a paid endorsement. But this is
for real. Having never spoken to him before, the guy drove the computer to my house and set it up for me.
In this day and age, that kind of commitment to making the customer happy is almost unbelievable.

Talking about what a great company they are is my way of saying thanks.
(Oh and here's the website…http://www.wavedigital.com/)

-todd amodeo
http://bartlebymusic.com
Free Mp3s and Non-Corporate Love!
Old 08-14-2001, 12:07 AM

Default Re: Wave Digital - My experience

Todd: I too bought my sysytem from them about a year and a half ago. I have had great success with my custom built system from Wave Digital. Chris is great, has always had time to answer questions I have had regarding the Digi 001. Not an advertisement, just a very happy customer. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 08-14-2001, 12:32 AM

I must say that's fantastic! I will definately be checking with them for my next PC. I wouldn't expect him to drive down to Memphis, but I sure have a feeling that they could be reached for any service or questions that might arise. And THAT is good enough to know.
Thanks for posting the info,
Roy
Old 08-14-2001, 07:01 AM

Thumbs-up, from another very happy Wave Digital Customer.