Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Third Party Interfaces

Old 06-12-2013, 02:56 PM

Default Setting up Focusrite Scarlett 2i 2 in protools 10 on Mac

Running protools 10 and need a quick step by step regarding how to get the new focusrite up and running. I have installed drivers, got it connected. Not sure about what to do in protools under I/O, hardware and playback engine settings.... Sorry, I am a beginner!!!
Old 06-13-2013, 09:35 AM

Default Re: Setting up Focusrite Scarlett 2i 2 in protools 10 on Mac

Go to Setup>Hardware and make sure the Scarlett is the selected audio engine. If you can't get PT to open so you can reach this menu, hold the N key down while opening Pro Tools and it will go directly to that menu. If you cannot choose the Scarlett, that probably means the drive is not installed correctly(try removing and reinstalling). You might also get better advice from the Focusrite forum

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 06-20-2013, 01:47 PM
Focusrite

The best way to set up a new interface is simple:

First go to Pro Tools > Setup > Playback Engine and select the Scarlett 2i2, or other interface you wish to use, from the drop down menu.

After that go to Setup > I/O. Delete every single path in Input and Output tabs. You may get a message that a path is currently in use, but delete it anyway, you can just reselect the Output or Input of that track later.

After deleting everything in Input and Output just hit Default in both tabs.. This defaults Pro Tools to the I/O available to it for the interface currently selected in the Playback Engine.

Now you can go back to your tracks and set up inputs and outputs you have available in the drop down lists for that track successfully.

Please let me know if you have any more Focusrite related questions. Or feel free to contact our Tech Support Team directly here on our Contact Support Page.

Best regards.

Kat

http://www.focusrite.com/answerbase/en/
Old 06-20-2013, 09:29 PM

I usually use two mics on a guitar cab so I run one to the left mono and one to the right mono.

I have the 2i2 and think it is a very good interface. I hope you enjoy ours as much as I have mine.
JGP
Old 06-21-2013, 11:24 PM

Thank you. Had similar problem. Everything was working perfectly on my 18i20 except for not receiving the input signal in Pro Tools. I tried everything EXCEPT deleting the current inputs before hitting default. Now all is great, including the ADAT inputs from the Octopre Dynamic. Biggest surprise - the quality of the analog out is audiophile quality compared to my previous interface.