Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Storage Subsystems

Old 02-28-2006, 07:13 PM

Default White noise, Firewire drive corrupts.

Hi people,

I have been having a very curious problem where my Firewire drives are being severely corrupted and made unreadable by Mac OSX after playback by Pro Tools.

Here is the situation.

I have 3 LE set ups.

1 001 PT 6.4 - G4

1 001 PT 6.4 - G4

1 MBOX 2 PT 7 - G4

I recently upgraded the OS of all my systems to the compatible versions for Pro Tools.

The Problem.

1st instance on my mbox 2 set up.
I was using a Firewire drive to read write while playing a PT session. The audio then turned to white noise.

So I quit and re started my computer, on start up the drive was no longer readable by mac osx.

I recovered some data to a brand new drive and re formatted the old.

I then took the brand new drive to my other studio with the completely different PT and Mac os and computer using a new PT session and the same thing happened. NEW DRIVE- DIFFERENT PT- DIFFERENT COMPUTER.

To cut a long story short this has happened now to 3 drives on 3 completely separate systems.

I am at a loss as what is going wrong.

I am scared even to record now!