Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 04-01-2001, 09:26 PM

Default Full Sail University

Hey guys,
I am a current Full Sail Student(graduating the first week f July). I was just sitting here board to death so I thought I would post. How many of you went or go to Full Sail and what do you think. Also for the ones that haven't attended what do you think about it.
check it out.
www.fullsail.com

Old 04-02-2001, 12:20 AM

Default Re: Full Sail University

I went to the conservatory of recording arts and sciences.
Old 04-02-2001, 12:36 AM

you guys are laughed at in the pro community. Most of the FS graduates I know think they are going to get in the industry faster than just buying some gear and being a teaboy. Guess what? Even if you got all A+ on your exams, you probably cant perform in a real world situation as first engineer. Its not just the gear, its the knowhow of how to create good sound, and being assertive enough and flexible enough to run a session. I bet the post dropout FullSail rate is 5 years max. See you in 6 years....doubt it.
Old 04-02-2001, 05:20 AM

I went to the Analog 4 track school of Recording. I graduated in 96'
Old 04-02-2001, 07:01 AM

What's the point of slamming someone for going to this school or that school? There is no point, it's childish. Let's get back to talking about the Digi 001.
Old 04-02-2001, 08:52 AM

Because (probably) he didn't get to go to school.
Old 04-02-2001, 03:22 PM

I would like to clear something up. Full Sail doesn't tell anyone they are start out any higher than anyone else. They are just equiping us with the know how to get ahead of the game. Come on, how many people can say they have sat behind an SSL J9000 console and know how to run the automation? This doesn't mean we will be engineers from day one. It just means that we will be ahead of the game when it comes time for an engineer to choose his assistant.
Old 04-02-2001, 08:37 PM

I went from the conservatory to work with JEFF POE (guns and roses, vanessa williams, santana, tons more) and get offered an ASSISTANT ENGINEER job near LA at CAN AM RECORDERS from the (major label only studio) working with Jeff Poe. I have engineering credits on a major label album before turning 20, and I earned it. I did a lot of the work, and a lot of sound design and tons and tons of pro toolin. I would have never had the opportunity if not for knowledge learned in school. At 19, I don't have acces to an SSL, or neve, or U67's. The band even offered me a studio manager job in AZ running their studio by myself.
I too agree that most students in a school can easily get A's, but can't perform in real life. This was most definitely true with 9 out of ten of my classmates. Most definitely true.
Old 04-03-2001, 03:09 AM

sounds like PT - you get out of it what you put into it...........