Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 04-28-2009, 09:10 PM

Default Input signal, no sound

Windows XP SP2|Pro Tools 7.3.1c7|MBox2|Fantom S-88. I patched my Roland through to PT and within an Inst. track, the tiny input meter says it's gathering midi data but there's no sound. If I just do it through a midi track, the bar is gathering midi (jumping) and even records to PT, but upon playback---nothing---no sound. I can hear the midi through my synth (Fantom) if I plug my headphone into it, but the sound is getting lost in translation to my Mbox2 (so I can't hear it through headphones connected to that).
Old 04-29-2009, 02:55 AM

Default Re: Input signal, no sound

Do you have the audio outputs of your keyboard connected to the analogue inputs of your protools interface?
Old 04-29-2009, 02:22 PM

I only have a L/R mono out, an Input 1 Line/D1, and and Input 2 Line D1. I was told to run my 1/4" from the Line of one of the inputs to the A/B outputs of my synth but that's not working. There's just feedback. There's no analog 1-2 option under aux, just in/out 1-2 (mono/stereo).
Old 04-29-2009, 06:42 PM

I got it to work after enabling local "on." I can hear what I'm recording from the synth to the Mbox but there is no way to play that back in PT (through MIDI). ??? I have 2 midi cables. Is there any way to configure using those?
Old 04-30-2009, 01:06 AM

You should have 2 audio cables from your instument to the Mbox 2 (for stereo), and a midi cable from your keyboards out to PT in, and 1 cable from your keyboard in to PT out. This is just very basic cable routing, so please forgive me if you have allready done this, and I miss read your questian!! I like to record my external keys to a midi track, and then after editing notes, record the midi file to an audio track,, and again please forgive me if you are more advanced and I'm wasting your time??!! I hope that I've helped a little,,, Mike
Intel Core i7 4790K 4.0GHz | Asus Z97-Pro LGA 1150 Intel 6Gb | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3 2400 | Asus GT640 Silent 2 GB GDDR3 | Samsung 850 Pro SSD's, WD Caviar Black HDD's | PSU Corsair 750W ATX12V | Windows 10 | Presonus Studio One | 003R PT's 12.8 | Waves Platinum | Ivory/Piano | Berlin Woodwinds, Nocturne Solo Violin | SPITFIRE Solo Strings | EastWest Hollywood Strings, Brass, Pro Drummer, and Stormdrum 2 | VSL | Vienna Ensemble Pro | M-Audio Code 61, FaderPort 8 |
Old 04-30-2009, 02:05 PM

What do you mean by a a cable from keyboard out to PT and then audio cables from keyboard to Mbox. PT connections and Mbox connections are one and the same as far as I know. PT operates out of the Mbox, so all of my connections are going directly from the keyboard to them Mbox. I'm not sure I'm following you. I don't have a monitor or anything between my synth/interface.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:48 AM

Quote:
What do you mean by a a cable from keyboard out to PT and then audio cables from keyboard to Mbox. PT connections and Mbox connections are one and the same as far as I know.
This is correct, PT & Mbox are basicly one and the same. On the back of your Roland, you have a number of audio outputs, Connect your left and right cables to your Roland (probably main) outputs, and then to the Mbox (PT) inputs. Make sure that your Mbox buttons are pressed for keyboard input, and not XLR (mic) input (if that Mbox has them??) In the software, have an audio track inputs set to the ones that your roland is plugged into (analog 1 & 2), and record arm the track, and you should be able to hear what you play on the Roland.... With my 003r, I also set up an aux set to the same imputs as the particular Keyboard I'm using till I record.,,,,,,,,,,,,, Now this will record audio, but not midi. For midi you basicaly do the same thing, but of course with your midi cables and recording to a midi track. If you have midi in and out connected, you should be able to hear your keyboard on playback. Its as simple as connecting your TV and stereo together,,,,,,,,,,,,, keep working at it,,, you'll get it!! Mike
Intel Core i7 4790K 4.0GHz | Asus Z97-Pro LGA 1150 Intel 6Gb | Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB DDR3 2400 | Asus GT640 Silent 2 GB GDDR3 | Samsung 850 Pro SSD's, WD Caviar Black HDD's | PSU Corsair 750W ATX12V | Windows 10 | Presonus Studio One | 003R PT's 12.8 | Waves Platinum | Ivory/Piano | Berlin Woodwinds, Nocturne Solo Violin | SPITFIRE Solo Strings | EastWest Hollywood Strings, Brass, Pro Drummer, and Stormdrum 2 | VSL | Vienna Ensemble Pro | M-Audio Code 61, FaderPort 8 |