Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2006, 03:43 AM

Default Sequencing & LE7

hello all,
this is my first post...
i've had LE 7/digi 002 for a number of months - just getting to grips with it...
running on a fully megged-up G5 iMac/powercore firewire/external lacie drive etc etc...
this weekend was the first time i've had the time to get some stuff recorded properly.
great fun. however, i'm really struggling with the sequencing.
i find it very laborious and less than inspiring.
i'm not a big manual reader and i was brought up using cubase right from the word atari...
obviously that way of sequencing is best for me. most simple and most spontaneous.
i have the option of going down the road of logic - which i'm reluctant to as i believe its way different to cubase - and a whole steep leaning curve in itself. i'm loathe to go logic as learning pro tools is tough enough at the moment!
are there any midi sequencing programs i get my hands on which will fully intergrate with pro tools, sync up to the PT audio, easily set up and easy to use etc...
do i go for cubase - will this work - and if so which version - considering it will be purely used for sequencing...??
i suppose i'm just a bit lazy really, but time in my studio is limited and when i do get the chance i just wanna get recording/sequencing/performing may backlog of number one hits quickly!!

any help in this subject would be greatly received....
please email me at j.perry (at) mondiale.co.uk
thanks guys,
joel - manchester.
Old 04-10-2006, 08:02 AM

Default Re: Sequencing & LE7

What's wrong with Pro Tools MIDI?

What's right with Cubase MIDI?

Doesn't one simply hit record, play the notes, quantise to taste?

I know it's not always as simple as that, just trying to work out what you're stumped on.

PS. Often it's quicker to read a manual then wait for someone to stumble across your query, nut it out, type out a detailed response, and post it...
Old 04-13-2006, 09:18 AM

Default Re: Sequencing & LE7

The only advantage Cubase has that I see is that score editor... but I dont read music so what the hell. If you know Cubase then just move to Nuendo. Its Cubase on crack.

Or just stick with Pro-Tools. Sequencing is not hard. Like the pevious person said: "press record, and quantize to taste." If you're still stuck, just watch a pro do it. It will enlighten you.

Cheers.