How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-30-2012, 05:17 PM

Angry will this work on eleven rack?

Behringer FCB1010 MIDI Foot Controller

Just have to check now cuz of some of the mistakes that I have made with Pro tools 10! If the Behringer will not work? what will (at a reasonable price?)

Cowboy
Old 10-30-2012, 05:21 PM

Default Re: will this work on eleven rack?

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboystewart View Post
Behringer FCB1010 MIDI Foot Controller

Just have to check now cuz of some of the mistakes that I have made with Pro tools 10! If the Behringer will not work? what will (at a reasonable price?)

Cowboy
Works great. But w/o a doubt get eureka EEPROM

pro-tools-pc.com

TRASHER Pro Tools Utility(updated 4-11-2024)

HD Native, Avid 16x16, Eleven Rack, Focusrite Clarett 8preX, UA Quad Apollo TB.

Intel I7 9900k
Win 10
Old 10-30-2012, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitardom View Post
Works great. But w/o a doubt get eureka EEPROM
+1

Windows 11 Pro | macOS 12
Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Youtube Channel - benonistudio
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 10-30-2012, 06:10 PM

Just chiming in here; I never felt the need for the Eureka PROM. I have a stock FCB and it works great. I have an application to edit everything on my computer and it makes it easier than anything. The only thing I can't do is have the LEDs follow instant access stuff, but it more than suffices for me. My $.02...
Old 10-31-2012, 01:05 AM

And if you want a more comfortable mixed stompbox / patch select mode there also is the UnO eprom.
Old 10-31-2012, 05:51 AM

no doubt the stock and Uno chips will work and provided various options (I have both of them and the eurekaProm). The reason I always recommend the EurekaProm is because it requires zero programming. Just plug it in, select the 11R mode and it works. But if you want to program there is a program mode in the EurekaProm or you could always switch back to the stock prom.

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 10-31-2012, 08:05 PM

FCB101 works great with the 11R. And I'll add a vote for the UnO prom.

The Eureka prom may be purpose-built for the 11R, but you can't change it - what you get is what you get. In order to be able to change rigs and toggle FX during a song, which I do frequently, I would need to take tap dancing lessons. When I contacted Dave at Eureka, I found out that even the "programming mode" won't let me have what I can get with the UnO.

The Uno lets me put 4 rigs, bank up/down, and 6 FX on the same page right in front of me, with wah and volume. I can send multiple FX on/off messages on a single IA switch. Yes, you have to program the UnO, but you can program it as YOU want it, not how somebody else thinks you should have it. As always, YMMV
Old 11-01-2012, 04:32 AM

The reason I went UnO is, I also plan on using it to remote control my 01v96 mixer when playing unplugged and without a sound guy.
Also, living in europe I got it 2 days after ordering.

What's nice with the Eureka though is the display showing the bank letter & rig number in preset mode.

But the message to the TO is, not only does the 1010 work with 11R, there's also three ways to get there.
Old 11-01-2012, 09:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moff View Post
FCB101 works great with the 11R. And I'll add a vote for the UnO prom.

The Eureka prom may be purpose-built for the 11R, but you can't change it - what you get is what you get.
That's not accurate. The EurekaProm does have a Programmable Mode.

Quote:
In order to be able to change rigs and toggle FX during a song, which I do frequently, I would need to take tap dancing lessons.
Really? Just wondering, have you actually used the EurekaProm, do you own it? Because what you are describing is nothing like my experience. In the EurekaProm there is a mode called FLASHBACK mode. Choose your new Patch sound and it flashes right back to Effects mode where you have access to all of your effects.

Quote:
When I contacted Dave at Eureka, I found out that even the "programming mode" won't let me have what I can get with the UnO.
You may have needs that the EurekaProm does not fit, but that does not mean there is not a programmable mode.

Quote:
The Uno lets me put 4 rigs, bank up/down, and 6 FX on the same page right in front of me, with wah and volume. I can send multiple FX on/off messages on a single IA switch. Yes, you have to program the UnO, but you can program it as YOU want it, not how somebody else thinks you should have it. As always, YMMV
What if how the EurekaProm prom is programmed is exactly how YOU want it to be? What if you don't want to have to take hours learning how to program and you just want to play? For someone with zero knowledge of MIDI the EurekaProm is the perfect choice. Pop it in and it just works. You can then get familiar with what you want to have happen then go back to the stock Prom or Uno, its not like you can't change proms.

I have all 3 proms. I can program them as I want, but I choose to use the EurekaProm because its just easier and gives access to so many commonly used parameters with zero programming.

OP, just look over what the UNO and EurekaProm can do, then choose what will fit you best at the moment, as said, you can always switch out proms, its very easy.

Another great thing about the EurekaProm is that it not only works with the 11R, but it works with several other boxes as well. Its pre-programmed with several modes. So if you have, say, a Line6 POD, simply switch to the POD mode and BAM, the FCB1010 now works with your POD - again no programming. If you have a Roland VG, switch to the mode and immediately you have control - again no programming, no switching sysex files or anything.

Just look over what each prom offers and get the one that will work best for your setup. If you choose the UNO, I have a basic 11R sysex file uploaded that you can download and get working right away with the UNO - then later you can program your own if you want. If you choose the EurekaProm, just plug it in and your are done. Or just get both and sell the one you don't like.

http://www.eurekasound.com/

http://mysite.verizon.net/resoamqr/s...nics/id55.html

Pro Tools 2022
benonistudio.com
Plugin Deals
@benonistudio
Old 11-03-2012, 11:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
Really? Just wondering, have you actually used the EurekaProm, do you own it? Because what you are describing is nothing like my experience. In the EurekaProm there is a mode called FLASHBACK mode. Choose your new Patch sound and it flashes right back to Effects mode where you have access to all of your effects.
No I don't own one. Very early on, after watching the videos and reading everything I could, even contacting Eureka indicated that, at the time, there were three modes: one for changing patches, one for toggling FX, and changing between them required stepping on two or three switches, and THEN the FX or patch you wanted. The third mode was "favourites", which recalled preselected patches, also didn't meet my needs.

When the updated prom came out with "programming mode" I hoped it would be more flexible, but according to Dave at EurekaSound, even programming mode wouldn't give me more than the UnO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benoni View Post
What if how the EurekaProm prom is programmed is exactly how YOU want it to be? What if you don't want to have to take hours learning how to program and you just want to play? For someone with zero knowledge of MIDI the EurekaProm is the perfect choice. Pop it in and it just works. You can then get familiar with what you want to have happen then go back to the stock Prom or Uno, its not like you can't change proms.
I can't discount this at all. If it works for you, great. And for many the Eureka is fine. My original statement was that the Eureka isn't right for me; the Uno is better - for me. I have no problem with MIDI or programming the FCB either on the box itself or with RipWerx. It took all of 1/2 hour, including the unbearably slow performance of RipWerx on my Mac.