Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-18-2011, 03:43 AM

Default I just upgraded to Pro Tools 10 I'm very surprisingly happy!

I have to say I read a bunch of reviews on Pro Tools 10 some good some not so good. And I was just gonna wait till Pro Tools 11 comes out a year or so from now if the rumors are right..
But I have a UAD card and their plugins of course. I noticed every time I load up on my UAD plugins while listening to playback I had a lot of latency even when I use PT 9 long delay compensation. I was bummed to say the least! I'm not getting to enjoy my fav UAD plugins that I spent a lot of hard cash on for!

Then I was talking to a UAD tech guy and he hipped me to pro tools 10 explained to me how it has 4 times fast delay compensation and should really help my prob. So I went for it and BAM he was right! I can listen to playback with all my rocking UAD plugins and my song still sounds tight! Thank UAD tech guy... actually I called him and thanked him personally believe it or not... I also love the gain clip this is a very handy tool not just for voice volume probs for t.v. and film projects, but I'm sure as you all know a host of other things can be applied to tweak your music tracks when and if needed too!

I hope Avid higher ups take notice that if it wasn't for a UAD tech guy I would have never bought Pro Tools 10! The reason why I mention this is because I'll share a true story with you all for what it's worth...

About 2 years ago maybe tad more please don't hold me to it.

I was upset that Pro Tools 8 didn’t have delay comp and I blogged about it on this forum thinking nobody in Avid that's a higher up would even read this let alone care what I think. I went a rant about my dislike that PT 8 wasnt keeping up with lesser recording software out there that already had delay comp built into their software. So I actually got a call from a VP at Avid telling me bla bla bla... one thing led to another and UAD plugins came up in our convo and he told me that as of the day before Avid made a business decision NOT to support UAD plugins . I was like really are you kidding? I basically told him as politely as I could that we artists, musicians, engineers, producers ect.... want to work with the best stuff on the market we don't care who puts it out and with all due respect you need to get what the real world and realize this. Hey if Avids putting out best plugns IMHO then I'll buy all Avid ect... you all know what I'm saying... And that was that...

Now I see UAD tech people telling me that they are like in partners with Avid, I'm like GREAT! YAY! :)

P.S.
I did call UAD and spoke to a higher up and told him about this a day after. He truly sounded in shock and extremely concerned... who knows maybe in some small cosmic way I helped bring the company’s closer I dont know, doesn't really matter anyway, what matters is Avid is being cool with UAD that's all that counts right? Right... :)

Thank you Avid for Pro Tools 10! :)

And yes I know I wish it was 64 bit and a host of other things but it's still better for me than PT 9!

Keep on keeping on
No matter how hard the going may be!