Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-28-2003, 08:48 AM

Default Behringer Powerplay Pro headphone amp - how are you running it

All,
I just picked up the Behringer Power Play Pro HA4600. I have it setup, but I think that I can make it sound or do more. I have read the manual, but it is not that good on explaining things. How are you guys (who own them) running them into you digi's. I have the Digi002 and right now run my headphone output of the 002 into the direct line in. I know that you should be about to BUS 4 separate outs to it? Is that the way to do it? Please give me some ideas if ya can on what you all do. Just seems to get washed out.

There are ways to control what you hear with this thing correct? (i.e. if ya just wanna hear drums, bass, etc.)

Thanks in advance!

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"
Old 04-28-2003, 03:06 PM

Default Re: Behringer Powerplay Pro headphone amp - how are you running it

I use the main outs from the 001 into the headphone amp. If I have a singer that wants more of themselves in their mix I'll run a cable from one of the outs (ex. #6) to the aux in on the headphone amp for that player. In protools I'll add a send on the singer's channel to corresponding output (ex. #6). Set to unity and the player has control on the headphone amp.

There are a lot of ways to utilize the send from protools the above is just one of them. Experiment and find what works best for you.
Old 04-28-2003, 03:19 PM

Hey I have the power play and a 002 also. I take outputs 7&8 and send them to the aux inputs of head phone jacks 1&2. And I take the main outs of the 002 and send them to the L/R main inputs on the power play. If a musician wants to hear the whole mix....I hook them up to haedphones 3 or 4. If they want to hear a perticular instrument or sound I take a send from that sounds track and send it to outs 7 or 8. Turn the knob on the powerplay channel they're on from mon. to aux and they'll hear only what's coming from outputs 7 or 8. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 04-28-2003, 04:02 PM

i just go main ins of the behringer to the main outs [ L/1 and R/2 ] and my monitors are hooked up to the main outs. by the way, is that a typo--the L/1 and R/2, shouldnt it be L1/R1 or L2/R2?
Old 04-28-2003, 04:03 PM

ive got an 001, by the way
Old 04-28-2003, 04:39 PM

Thanks guys for the inputs. I will play with it more to figure it out. Been trying different things, but so far it did not sound right.

Thanks again for the replies!

Later...

MONUMENT SOUND ON YOUTUBE

Monument Sound Facebook

"Changing how people hear music one track at a time"
Old 04-30-2003, 04:48 PM

I'm using a Tascam TM-D 1000 digital mixer withn 4 aux outs. Each of the 8 channels can be bussed out to the aux outs. I run the aux outs to the input of powerplay works excellent for me.