Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App

Old 05-24-2016, 02:28 AM

Default Error , Eucon: The number of allowable hardware channels has been exceeded

Hi,

Im on a Dell Laptop Studio XPS 1645, running Windows 10 and Nuendo 7.0.40.
If i exceed 39 audio tracks i will have the abovementioned problem only when i engage Track view. I had this problem with the old Eucon driver and still having this with Eucon 3.4. Besides this problem in Track view, everything else about Protools Control running in Eucon mode for Nuendo, im impressed and want to spring for the Protools Dock. But Track view crashing Nuendo when above 39 tracks is a deal break for me. I've tried a different router with a higher bandwidth and still no go.
Avid, help me get this working & i will fork out for the Protools Dock. I think this works better than any low end Daw controller that Steinberg or Yamaha has at this moment for Nuendo.
Old 05-24-2016, 07:25 AM

Default Re: Error , Eucon: The number of allowable hardware channels has been exceeded

I used to have this issue with Cubase. Not sure what the cure was because I made multiple changes at once but it was one of the following:

Changing from Win 8 to Win10
Updating to Cubase 8.5 (I had the problem with all previous versions)
Changing my wireless router

Sorry I can't be more specific but definitely one of these 3 changes fixed things for me and now it works perfectly.
Old 05-24-2016, 09:11 AM

Default Re: Error , Eucon: The number of allowable hardware channels has been exceeded

Thnx JSQ, i also have Cubase Pro 8.5.40. And im on Win10.
But nothing works for me even with a higher bandwidth router.
Strange thing is i also have Protools 12.4 on the same comp and it works well.
By any chance do you know if you have the Steinberg Eucon Pro license on your cubase dongle?

Thnx
Old 05-24-2016, 12:53 PM

The only Eucon related license I'm seeing on my Steinberg dongle is 'Eucon Artist'. (I used to have Avid Artist controllers, and now have switched to an Avid S3).

From what I can tell, this is probably an issue that related to Steinberg software only. I posted about it a while ago and didn't seem like any Pro Tools users were experiencing the same thing:

http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t...ghlight=cubase

If you're already on Win10 with Cubase 8.5 and have tried a different router then you've tried all my solutions, unless you've been unlucky with two different routers that are incompatible. Not sure what to suggest next!
Old 06-03-2016, 03:30 AM

I have the same issue.
Using Cubase 8.5 on Windows 10 64. Both App and Cubase up to date, iPad Air 2.

When I open the track view, it works sometimes, BUT as soon as I start scrolling the tracks, the Error Message pops up in cubase, crashing both Eucon and Cubase. Most of the time, it just crashes immediately.
"Eucon: The number of allowable hardware channels has been exceeded"

Have you found a solution yet?
Old 06-05-2016, 06:47 AM

Same problem here.
Cubase 8.5, Windows 7.

No license on my dongle but i saw on the Steinberg website that the license is only required up to Cubase 6.5 and not for the newer Cubase versions.
Old 10-30-2016, 05:50 PM

Eucon 3.5 - problem still exists sadly.
Old 11-12-2016, 01:34 AM

Nobody interested in solving this issue so thats why i aint buying Protools Dock which i want badly. Avid cos its a Steinberg DAW and Steinberg cos its an Avid product. The sad thing is, its Eucon which both companies support.
Old 01-12-2017, 12:14 AM

Same here...

(Win 7 + Nuendo 7 + Dock + S3)
MTRX Studio, HDnative, RME UFX, Yamaha 01v96i, S3, S1, PT Dock, Nuendo 12
Old 02-14-2017, 01:33 PM

The PT Control app has to be the last device in the EuconDeviceList and the dock the second last.
This cured the number of allowable channes error for me
(PT Control, Dock Artist Mix, Nuendo 7)