Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Post Production > Post - Surround - Video
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-25-2007, 03:24 PM

Default New Sound Effects site

Hi, and most welcome to Mixomera. After months of work our site is finally online and fully functional. Now we start the real work, to add professional sound effects. We hereby invite all sound designers with their own high quality sound effects to participate as contributors.

Why Mixomera, you might ask? Well, we think there is a need for a professional sound effects site. With high quality sound files, carefully recorded by experienced sound designers. That are easily accessible in a database with all the necessary meta data like time, location, file type etc. And why not make the site good looking and easy to navigate, aswell?

We sound designers have a lot to learn from the graphics world, there are a lot of really good images banks. But no sound effects libraries that meet professional requirements. Not until now. Mixomera will focus on the professional market. Made by professionals, for professionals.

We hope you will like and use our site, Mixomera
Sound Designer

Mixomera - Real Sound Effects
<a href="http://www.mixomera.com" target="_blank">www.mixomera.com </a>
Old 06-26-2007, 02:40 AM

Default Re: New Sound Effects site

Just for info, you'll pay 3.50$ for 4s of a "door opening and closing" sound.
Old 06-26-2007, 02:56 AM

Hey, that´s only 63$ for the ENTIRE library (18 sounds) but you can not alter the sound or edit it if you want to stick to the license agreement and you have to credit the site in the film.

f.
Old 06-26-2007, 03:32 AM

Hi
Dear fellow Sound Designers. Sorry for not being totally clear about our concept.

This is not a sound effects site. Yet. This is a new platform that will let you sell your sound effects with us. We do not intend to create a lot of sound files ourselves, the (18) soundfiles found on the site today are merely there to show the functionality.

We made this post to invite you to join us, this is just the first step towards creating a new sound effects site. We don't think that the sound libraries present on the net today are as professional as they can be. Poor user interface, mediocre search engines, no file info etc. We sound designers could really benefit from a site that act as professional as many image banks with proper meta data added to the files. And that's why we started Mixomera. Is this a good idea? Well, that depends on if you want to join us.

Regarding the price we looked at some of the major libraries. Most online libraries charge between 2 and 4 USD, and that's fair. We think you sound designers should get proper payment for your work. The deal is 40% to you, 40% to us and around 20% goes to PayPal/transfer fees.

So, are you a sound designer with your own sound effects? Please feel free to register and join our site. We are pretty sure that your high quality sound files and our ambition to build the best online sound effects libary will be successful in the very near future.

Old 06-26-2007, 04:42 AM

Hi Mixomera,

what about the license agreement. What´s the idea behind the paragraph that forbids alteration of the purchased FX. Does not really make sense in practice.
If I edit the door-slam pitch it down and use it in a film I´m violating the agreement? That doesn´t make sense. Or am I missing something.
And I have to put you in the endroller of a movie when I have one door slam in the movie?

I understand that freesound asks for this since their sounds are free and they ONLY ask to be mentioned. But for a commercial sound I don´t understand it.

Frank.
Old 06-26-2007, 04:53 AM

Quote:
Just for info, you'll pay 3.50$ for 4s of a "door opening and closing" sound.
Yeah but check out the eye candy on the boom mic!!

I think these guys will do very well.
2xMacPro 2.66,002r,OSX 10.4.10,PT 7.4cs8
3xVisionDaw,NI Komplete,Yamaha 01V/96
Old 06-26-2007, 04:53 AM

Hi Frank. You are perfectly right, this does not make sense. Of course you want to alter/change the sound file anyway you want. And no, I don't think it's necessary to give Mixomera credits if our sound fx are used in a movie. We will change this in the terms and conditions.

I really appreciate your feedback. Mixomera is a newcomer, and everything is not perfect yet. But with your help, we can make this a good site.

I saw the comments regarding price aswell. We have not yet decided exactly what price to charge for a sound fx. The price must be a balance what the customer wants to pay and what the sound designer think his work is worth. Personally I think something around 3 USD would be appropriate. What do you think?

Old 06-26-2007, 06:03 AM

Quote:

Technically, I think that is a Bada-boom Mic.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:12 AM

Quote:
Quote:

Technically, I think that is a Bada-boom Mic.
LOL!!!!!
2xMacPro 2.66,002r,OSX 10.4.10,PT 7.4cs8
3xVisionDaw,NI Komplete,Yamaha 01V/96
Old 06-26-2007, 12:02 PM

I think its a great idea! Good luck with it.