Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 03-05-2007, 02:51 AM

Default Pro Tools 7.3.` Academic Version won\'t play/record

Hi,
I have a macbook pro and i'm running 7.3.1 with the M-Audio Ozone keyboard.
I'm a 10 year Sonar user and I'm just learning how to use Pro Tools now.

My problem is:

When I try to play or record it only works about 1/3 of the time.
Most of the time pro tools just stops itself. I press play and then the stop button lights up. I can hear the first note of my already recorded midi info but thats it.
Then I hit play or record again and then it works. Sometimes I can't even get it to play or record at all!!!

I called tech support and they said it's an issue that a lot of people are having and they don't know why. Great!

I can't even make a beat without getting frustrated. Anyone have this same problem and found a way to fix it?

Thanks a lot.

Josh

Reged: 03/21/06
Re: Pro Tools not playing/recording [Re: UnderRated]
#1122702 - 03/02/07 08:06 AM Edit Reply Quote

Try turning off the dynamic transport...I hardly make beats on pro tools but I know when I first got 7.3 it would do something similar I shut off the dynamic transport and it stopped I was able to turn it back on and have everything work fine , havent had a problem since...

Reged: 02/11/07
Re: Pro Tools not playing/recording [Re: buctayla]
#1123555 - 03/03/07 07:16 PM Edit Reply Quote

Hey, thanks for the reply.
I tried what you said and it seemed to fix the problem for a minute.
I actually had the dynamic transport checked so I turned it off.
Then it played for 12x in a row.
I was SO happy and left to do something else.
When I came back, it started back again.
When I try to play the stop button would light up with the play button not allowing me to play. The same thing is happening with record.
I turned the dynamic transport off, then on, on then off, LOL! Did everything I could think of.
DigiDesign support doesn't know what exactly is happening and after we tried everything they could think of they advised me to try to re-install the OS.

So I erased and re-installed my Mac OS X… Then I installed the keyboard, the pro tools 7.3 and then 7.3.1… Still the same!

I uninstalled Pro Tools and tried it with just the 7.3 but the same thing.

I have a brand new MacBook Pro, Pro Tools Academic 7.3.1, and the ozone academic keyboard but I can’t use it!!!

If anyone has had a similar problem, please reply here, I'm running out of things to try.

Could it be that the macbook pro doesn't work with pro tools academic 7.3.1 and the academic ozone??? AAAGGGGHHHHH!!!!

Thanks guys.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:41 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 7.3.` Academic Version won\'t play/record

Quote:
Hi,
I have a macbook pro and i'm running 7.3.1 with the M-Audio Ozone keyboard.
Hi,

You'll need to ask this question in the M-powered forum! this is the TDM forum and its not the same as M-powered!! the forum you need is here....

http://duc.digidesign.com/postlist.php?Cat=&Board=MPMAC

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:33 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 7.3.` Academic Version won\'t play/record

I know, I'm sorry. I posted this in the M-powered forum a week ago but there just wasn't much traffic and I'm desperate here. Sorry again.

Thanks.

Josh