Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > MIDI
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 06-12-2006, 06:28 PM

Default Putting Yamaha Motif 6 data into ProTools?????

I have a Yamaha Motif 6 Keyboard that I do all my tracks on. I did it under patterns, I have over 95 File names and do not want to do all of those beats over again. So now that I have Pro Tools how do I get my data that's on the Motif to record Thur Pro Tools? I tried to do an audio file but my timing was off of the click. When I did get the timing right for one track I could not get it for the next track. How will it work if I did the recording under Midi or is it best I do Audio Tracks? If so, is it a way for the computer to follow the Keyboard (When I Play a track it records on time with the Motif)?

Thanks for the knowledge and your time.
Old 06-13-2006, 03:57 PM

Default Re: Putting Yamaha Motif 6 data into ProTools?????

My suggestion would be to save the patterns as standard midi files and import them into Pro Tools. You can then trigger the Motif's voices and samples from the midi tracks in Pro Tools and record them as audio tracks (or not) as you desire.