How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 01-22-2023, 08:23 AM

Default Setting up my old Artist Control on new MacBook

Hi All,
Hope you are well.
I used to have my Avid Artist Control on my old Pro Tools HD PC system. I have since moved over to Mac as my main System.
I would like to set up my Artist Control on my new laptop. I googled how to do it and got the latest Eucon drivers. I installed as directed but am having problems.
When i open Eucon the app doesnt see my Artist Control so i cannot drag and drop it as requested. I searched on here and have made sure that accesibility is set correctly but still no joy.

I read on the Avid site that the Artist Control has been discontinued. Would this have anything to do with this?
If not does anyone have any ideas what could be the problem?
Thanks,
Dee
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screenshot 2023-01-22 at 16.18.39.jpg (53.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 01-22-2023, 10:06 AM

Default Re: Setting up my old Artist Control on new MacBook

Your Artist Control will work with your new Mac but you’ll need to provide some very specific details about how you have it connected as well as what version of EuControl you have installed.

In addition, you’ll most likely need to do a firmware update on the Artist Control
Old 01-23-2023, 09:55 AM
Avid

As the post says above. How is it connected...straight ethernet cable into the Mac....through a network switch, through a router, Wifi?
Old 01-23-2023, 11:52 PM

Hi both,

Thanks for the reply.

It is connected via an ethernet cable into a USB-C hub going into one of the thunderbolt ports. I use this for my internet connection too as i have no ethernet port on the mac.

I have EUCON_WorkstationUnifiedInstallMac_2022_9_0_44 installed as it is the latest version and is compatible with my OS (Monterey).

I hope that is ok.

Thanks

Dee
Old 01-24-2023, 08:39 AM
Avid

I presume the thunderbolt adapter has two ethernet ports(separate networks). Can you check what the IP addresses are in the Mac prefs? Also check this out https://avid.secure.force.com/pkb/ar...ow_to/en433895 and make sure you are set to automatic not fixed.
Old 01-27-2023, 01:26 PM

Please keep updating your progress as Im getting a new mac mini AND the 4 fader Avid Artist, and wish it to be as painless as possible.......the mac mini has ethernet in, so that might eliminate some of the headaches......i'll post my experience here, sometine in April/May
Old 01-27-2023, 01:35 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by capt kirk View Post
Please keep updating your progress as Im getting a new mac mini AND the 4 fader Avid Artist, and wish it to be as painless as possible.......the mac mini has ethernet in, so that might eliminate some of the headaches......i'll post my experience here, sometine in April/May
Migrate has issues so if you can avoid that.....if not you may have to change the Computer name to something else to get the network working correctly.