Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Other Products > Pro Tools Express on Windows

Old 09-22-2014, 06:59 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Express can't locate hardware.

Hello Everyone. I'm having this same issue "Unable to locate hardware" error when I attempt to open Pro Tools.. I have Pro Tools Express 10.3.4 with the Mbox. I downloaded the latest updated driver to try and fix the issue as recommended on the forum post but I am still getting the "Unable to locate hardware" error when I attempt to open Pro Tools. I have uninstalled and re-installed the program, checked to make sure the Mbox is functioning properly through the device interface and it is. Are there any other suggestions?
Old 09-22-2014, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen View Post
Hello Everyone. I'm having this same issue "Unable to locate hardware" error when I attempt to open Pro Tools.. I have Pro Tools Express 10.3.4 with the Mbox. I downloaded the latest updated driver to try and fix the issue as recommended on the forum post but I am still getting the "Unable to locate hardware" error when I attempt to open Pro Tools. I have uninstalled and re-installed the program, checked to make sure the Mbox is functioning properly through the device interface and it is. Are there any other suggestions?
Hi and welcome to he community

Try holding down the "N" key while opening PT and chose the MBox and see if that helps anything.

Best of Luck
Christopher

#thestruggleisreal
—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————
Old 01-19-2015, 11:37 AM

I just had this problem and then found the solution, at least for me. I'm using Windows 7 and Pro-Tools, M-Powered Essential. The program comes with the KeyStudio set that includes a midi keyboard and microphone/headphone USB dongle. Downloading all of the latest drivers and the latest release of the program did not solve the problem. The problem was that Windows was not recognizing the Fast Track driver; apparently it is part of the M-Audio microphone/headphone dongle that comes with KeyStudio. I went to Device Manager, where the dongle was listed as USB Device. I decided to update the driver. I did a manual selection (automatic just installs the same one), selected M-Audio, and then FastTrack, which I had already downloaded and installed. Beautiful, it worked! Apparently it doesn't get applied for some reason. Hope this helps. I thought maybe the KeyStudio keyboard was required, but no, it runs without it.
Old 01-22-2015, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kklein2014 View Post
I just had this problem and then found the solution, at least for me. I'm using Windows 7 and Pro-Tools, M-Powered Essential. The program comes with the KeyStudio set that includes a midi keyboard and microphone/headphone USB dongle. Downloading all of the latest drivers and the latest release of the program did not solve the problem. The problem was that Windows was not recognizing the Fast Track driver; apparently it is part of the M-Audio microphone/headphone dongle that comes with KeyStudio. I went to Device Manager, where the dongle was listed as USB Device. I decided to update the driver. I did a manual selection (automatic just installs the same one), selected M-Audio, and then FastTrack, which I had already downloaded and installed. Beautiful, it worked! Apparently it doesn't get applied for some reason. Hope this helps. I thought maybe the KeyStudio keyboard was required, but no, it runs without it.

Hey KKlein, would you be able to break this down a little further. This looks like the exact info I need. Just not sure how to do it. I'd appreciate it!
Old 07-09-2017, 10:08 AM

Please help me~
I also have the "Unable to locate hardware" error with
Protools Express 10.3.4
I've installed (and uninstalled) Asio 10,13,14, because none worked.

My Equip:
DigiDesign MBox2, (driver is active)
64 Bit Processor
6 core Processor
Windows 7
iLok 2nd gen (driver is active)
Protools Express 10.3.4

Thank you to all the wonderful tech-savy young people - you are great.